Complaint Review: Sears Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning

• Updated: Tue, March 29, 2011

• Reported By: pronewsguy — Springfield Virginia United States of America
Sears Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning
8922 Telegraph Road Lorton, Virginia United States of America

Sears Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning Sears Cleaning They ruined my heating system and won't fix it Lorton , Virginia

This company came out to clean my air ducts. At first I was satisfied with the work and what was done to improve the air in my home. However, that night, when I turned the heat on the system was making a horrible noise like something banging.  In the middle of the night, we awoke to a burning smell. I had to shut the system down. I called 3 times to get someone to cone out to repair this. To no avail. I was told the OC manager was too busy, the appointment could not be on my time schedule (I work early afternoons) etc.  Finally, after giving a negative survey, I was called and told the Quality Control Manager would be here on 3/12, but the day before the office called to tell me he had an emergency and would be here on the 13th. Well, we waited and he never showed. I have written letters to the franchise, to Sears, and still I have a heating system I can't use (I tried it again the other night and still got this horrible burning smell) In addition, they talked me in to buying an electrostatic air filter and when I got it, it was the wrong size!! It's still sitting in the hallway waiting for someone to come and replace it when they look at the system. But, that doesn't appear to be happening.
I am now preparing to try and get the credit card company to charge this back, and if that fails will take them to small claims court.
Please don't use this company. They will not stand your product, only take your money and run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 04:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Carpet-and-Air-Duct-Cleaning/Lorton-Virginia-22079/Sears-Carpet-and-Air-Duct-Cleaning-Sears-Cleaning-They-ruined-my-heating-system-and-wont-711341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning