efficient

• Updated: Fri, October 14, 2011

• Reported By: Ted N. — Severna Park Maryland United States of America
Sears Carpet and Upholstery Care
Lorton, Va Lorton, Virginia United States of America

Sears Carpet and Upholstery Care Big difference between advertised website and reality Lorton, Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Sears Cares

I chose Sears because they advertised truck-mounted equipment, a two step cleaning process, the price was good, and a satisfaction guarantee.  The crew showed up on time and proceeded to unload the cleaning machine which ran for the next two hours inside my house and was so loud I had to wear earplugs - NOT truck mounted.  The crew told me that there were some stains that would not come up, but for an extra $30/area, they would spray a cleaning solution that could get the stains up.  So the two step process seems to be an extra charge.  Then they told me that they would not move large furniture (couches, beds, small cabinets), which I ended up paying not to have cleaned.   Finally, there's no corporate number for this "guarantee".  I called the local office twice, talked to people there that promised to get back to me...I'm still waiting.  None of this was explained to me prior to the crew showing up or advertised on the Sears website.

Don't believe any of the marketing material:  a slick website, videos, customer testimonials, satisfaction guarantees.  You get what you pay for.  I will not use nor recommend Sears for any home improvements again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2011 06:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Carpet-and-Upholstery-Care/Lorton-Virginia-22079/Sears-Carpet-and-Upholstery-Care-Big-difference-between-advertised-website-and-reality-Lo-787765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Carpet and Upholstery Care

Sears Cares

AUTHOR: Searscares - (U.S.A.)

To Ted N.,

I am very sorry to hear of the bad experience that you recently had with Sears Home Services.  We expect our carpet cleaning contractors to uphold a high standard of quality service that our customers expect from the Sears name.  I understand that we failed to provide this to you and I sincerely apologize.  My name is James and Im part of the Sears Cares Escalations team.  We do value you as a customer and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you further and restore your faith in Sears.  At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the home service was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Ted N.) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.