Complaint Review: Sears Holdings Corp

• Updated: Wed, July 02, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — bloomington Indiana
Sears Holdings Corp
Nationwide USA

Sears Holdings Corp, HR Department, Leave Management Department Terminated while on short term medical leave. Bedford Indiana

In Febuary of 2014 while employed with Kmart as a Loss Prevention Lead, I broke my leg while not at work. I was able to get put on short-term medical leave, but not FMLA due to the length of my employment. I was released on the 26th of May to return to work. After contacting the corporate leave managment team they advised me that i was able to return to work. They told me to call the store manager and tell her it was fine for me to be put on the schedule and that on my first day back i would need to fax a realease form my doctor as well as health care provider forms.

A week went by and i was still not put on the schedule or even contacted by anyone from kmart. After numerous phone calls every day for the next 3 weeks the HR department advised me that kmart had terminated my position due to a risk level change and that they needed me to go ahead and fax the release forms and doctors notes from my house, which i did. Still no one from my store had contacted me to advise me of this information.

It is now the 2nd of July and i have still not been contacted or given any information other than what i have stated above. I keep getting thrown around by the HR and Leave Management team because the company obviously has no communication thru the corporate level. The store manager is ignoring me, the district store manager who i have contacted will not give me any information, and the District Lp manager has nothing for me.

I live in Indiana and i know the labor laws are different, but is this legal for them to do or should i contact an attorney? Should i be offered a different position, back pay for all the time i thought i had a job and was released from my doctor to work but wasnt put on the schedule, or am i just out of luck and dont get any type of severence?  Any help would be great. Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2014 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Holdings-Corp/nationwide/Sears-Holdings-Corp-HR-Department-Leave-Management-Department-Terminated-while-on-short-1159192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Holdings Corp