Complaint Review: Sears Home Improvement

• Reported By: Tanya — Raynham Massachusetts
Sears Home Improvement
290 Providence Highway Dedham, Massachusetts USA

Sears Home Improvement Siding Prodject Dedham Massachusetts

We had a Sears Consultant Muhammad N. come talk to us about a potential siding project. We signed that night, according to him in order to receive (that one day) discounted price. We were given 3 business days to cancel the project; and we cancelled within that timeframe. We were unable to initially receive confirmation back that our requests had been received from the consultant, mainly due to incorrect numbers that were given to us. And he wouldn't return or calls or respond to our emails, so I was able to find a number on the corporate website and they were able to reach this consultant. We received an email confirmation from the consultant on 8/5/2013 that this project had been cancelled and not to worry. We received a credit card bill a week later, for the amount of over 6,000. on the project that was cancelled. I immediately contacted Sears, and they told me to disregard this statement and that it will be removed. It is now 9/19/2013 and I have received a second bill; with a late fee charged for the 6,000.00 credit line. I contacted them again; and was told that they couldn't do anything with that and was sent back to contacting the Home Improvement office. I was once again told today by Jodie that they would submit a cancellation of this project. A project that I was told was cancelled on 8/5/2013. She stated that she is unable to send me a confirmation of this action but assured me it would be cancelled. This has now created a report to the credit bureau for late payment on an account that I never had. No one seems to no how to deal with this directly but in the mean time my credit is being affected by a purchase that was never made.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2013 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Home-Improvement/Dedham-Massachusetts/Sears-Home-Improvement-Siding-Prodject-Dedham-Massachusetts-1085850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Home Improvement