Complaint Review: Sears Home Improvement

• Reported By: pronewsguy — Springfield Virginia United States of America
Sears Home Improvement
7407 Lockport Pl Lorton, Virginia United States of America

Sears Home Improvement Shoddy Counter-top and Flooring Job Lorton, Virginia

We hired this company to install counter-tops and a floor. The installers were in such a hurry they never checked to see if the counters were level. After they cleaned their mess and we looked, the counters were not level. They are high in the back, low in the front. Sears has been unresponsive. The counter company came out to see this and the tech called this a horrible job and that Sears had to reinstall them. He said they never levelled the cabinets. Well the previous
counter-top was level! How could that be? That was two weeks ago. No contact from Sears. I have called and left messages with the "project coordinator" Steve Clinton, and when I actually get him on the phone he says I am on his list he will call me later. He never does. Also, on the back-splash they installed one totally off center. On the floors.
When they were done I was informed they didn't have enough moulding and I needed to pick a wall I didn't want moulding on. WHAT? I paid for a complete job not a half a$$ one. They would not even think about driving 5 miles to Home Depot to get more moulding. Plus they would not cut the new moulding that they had to a 45 degree angle to meet the moulding
outside the kitchen because "that's not part of the job." Plus, we were told we would get white moulding similar to what was there before we didn't. And the transition we were promised. They didn't have it. Stay away from this company. Now I have to take them to court and spent HOURS trying to fix this and I still can't this company to stand up and do the right thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2011 06:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Home-Improvement/Lorton-Virginia-22079/Sears-Home-Improvement-Shoddy-Counter-top-and-Flooring-Job-Lorton-Virginia-732900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Home Improvement