Complaint Review: Sears Home Improvements

• Updated: Wed, July 17, 2013

• Reported By: Mary — Buffalo New York
Sears Home Improvements
2315 Brighton Henrietta Rd Rochester, New York USA

Sears Home Improvements Sears Corporation Roofing Disaster Water damage to home, damage to neighbors house, walked off job not finished Rochester New York

*Author of original report: Still fighting Sears

Hired Sears based on claims of "We will fix any damage" and "all our workers are Sears employees". Took one month to get the roof on, (they kept coming and going) and during installation had severe water damage on second floor to the walls and 100 year old hardwood inlaid floors warped. They claimed it couldn't have happened and inferred I did the damage my self.  They also claimned that water can't damage hardwood floors. Guess they thought I got up in the attic and poured water down in the second floor.

Also damaged the siding and outdoor lighting of neighbors house, destroyed an expensive garden light at my house. To top it off..never installed the gutters. Sears inspector came to look at the roof and I told them about the damage and the job was not finished. They then sent me a certificate of completion (!) stating the job is done and no damage!  I have pics of everything and can't get anyone to return phone calls.

Try calling the 800 customer service numbers. HA..what a joke.  Every person I spoke to says "Oh I am so sorry but I don't handle that sort of thing" and then transfers me elsewhere where the next person says the exact same thing.

Sears is a complete ripoff for any construction services. Do not hire them!! No matter what it says in my contract (I have it in writing they will fix damage) and even emails from the sales rep stating they will fix anything...they then refuse to show up, answer calls or do anything. I have filed complaint at BBB and am going to the State Attorney General next. Total damage to my property and neighbor is about $5000

Final insult..during installation, I came home and found one of their sub-contractors urinating on my property. Really???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 03:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Home-Improvements/Rochester-New-York/Sears-Home-Improvements-Sears-Corporation-Roofing-Disaster-Water-damage-to-home-damage-t-1067630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Home Improvements

Still fighting Sears

AUTHOR: Mary - ()

After 7 months of arguing, Sears agreed 3 months ago to pay for damage to my home and the neighbor's house (in writing!!). My insurance company paid for the interior damage to my home, (within a week) then went after Sears.  I had a $1000 deductable which I will probably never get back. My insurance company tells me they can't get their insurance company to return calls.

Sears agreed to reimburse me for the damage to the neighbor's house and new gutters as I had to hire someone else to install gutters. They agreed to this in October 2013, in writing and as of this date 1/4/14...no money!! And they won't return my calls either.

To top it off, 2 days ago my own insurance  company raised my homeowners insurance by a whopping 25%!!!  I really am disgusted with Sears and if you read this and actually hire them..well you have been warned. They are a large, idiotic, dinosaur corporation with the worst customer service of any company I have ever delt with.