volunteers

• Submitted: Thu, January 29, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 29, 2009

• Reported By:Neenah Wisconsin
Sears Home Services / Western Great Lakes
4301 Wisconsin Ave. /4260M S. 26th St. Appleton / Greenfield, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Sears Home Services / Western Great Lakes Sears Home ServicesSears Home Services / Western Great Lakes Left without a drop. Appleton / Greenfield Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: I fail to see the ripoff...

On 1/6/09 I made a call to the repair/parts number to have the broken water dispenser handle fixed. I was pleasantly surprized to get an appointment for the next day between 8am to noon.

At 12:05pm the next day I called the parts number to ask what was going on, if someone was coming or not. I was kept on Hold, "all our agents are busy taking other calls", for over 1 hr. Finally a male agent answered who spoke heavily accented poor english,(it was hard to understand him) that the repairman was running late. I then asked why I didn't get a call stating that. I was told again that the repairman was running late.

About 10 mins. later(it's now 1:25pm) I received a call from the repairman - said he was running late. When I asked why I didn't get a call about the delay, he responded that "they" had been over booking him for over 2 wks. and he was doing his best to keep up. He said he'd be here in about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.

He showed up at 3:10pm. He looked at the refrig, got in his laptop looked up the part #,printed out a receipt, handed it to me and asked if next Wed. would be ok to install the part. I was dumbfounded. He didn't have the part with him!It had to be ordered. He was here 10 mins, "They" have the info on record as to what appliance I have & what part is needed. Just another charge for a service call.

The next wk. it was the same thing- I sat all am. waiting. Finally called at 12:20p.The repairman showed up at 12:50p, made the repair & left at 1:20p. The repair was done satisfactorily. It was the waiting & 2 service calls that sucked.

Pat
Neenah, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2009 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Home-Services-Western-Great-Lakes/Appleton-Greenfield-Wisconsin-54914-53220/Sears-Home-Services-Western-Great-Lakes-Sears-Home-ServicesSears-Home-Services-Western-417889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Home Services / Western Great Lakes

I fail to see the ripoff...

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

This obviously overworked repairman seems to have a more legitimate gripe than you. He was honest.

We needed a phone jack replaced and the time frame they gave us was 8am to 5pm.

Ever heard of "unforseeable circumstances"?

At least he called to say he was running late.