Complaint Review: Sears Home Services

• Updated: Fri, July 11, 2014

• Reported By: connie — owensboro Kentucky
Sears Home Services
Nationwide USA

Sears Home Services Liars, scammers, theives, underhanded, fraudulent, rip-off, cold-hearted, A-HOLE COMPANY!!! Indianapolis Nationwide

*Author of original report: UNBELIEVABLE!!!

*Author of original report: Finally got a refund!

Never ever use Sears for ANYTHING!! They are rip-off a-holes! They advertise they fix ALL riding mowers, so I made an appointment. The guy came out and said theyd have to order parts.  After a considerable wait, he came back to put the parts on and said one of the belts they sent was wrong. Said he put the right numbers in the computer but the computer changed it and they sent the wrong one. He called around, went a few miles to get one he thought would fit, and it wouldn't fit, either. Called around some more. Had put on one of the two belts and the tire. His boss was tired of him messing with it and he needed to go to the next repair call, so his boss told him to take the stuff back off and tell me they cant fix it coz they cant get the parts! That he'd already spent too much time on it, and time is money. So he took off the tire and belt. I know they did have the belt! Since the repair guy said he put in the right number on the computer for it, that means they had the belt, even though they sent the wrong one! It also showed he had a belt like that in his van, yet he couldnt find it.

I had already paid $306 so far out of $466, the rest to be paid upon completion of the job.......and now they want to only refund me $211 and keep $105 for the service call. The repair guy said to call their customer advocate people and raise cane, since that isn't fair, because THEY canceled ME.....I didn't cancel them or decline the repair, I wanted it fixed, and had waited a long time for them to come and fix it. THEY walked away from the job! Its not like I called them out here then changed my mind and canceled! If I had, then I could understand having to pay the "trip-charge" (as they called it) anyway. THEY decided not to spend anymore time on it, even though they could have fixed it! My grass is knee-deep!! Cant find anyone who does mowing on the side to mow it, and cannot afford $100-$150-a-week mowing service on my almost 1-acre rented lot, as I am on Disability.They had claimed they fix ALL KINDS of mowers, and Troy-Bilt is a pretty popular and common mower, then they say they don't have the part, so that's not MY fault. THEY decided not to spend any more time on it, so I shouldn't be charged the service call, because that goes along with them REPAIRING IT, which they didn't do! Quite a racket they have there! What a scam! Advertise you fix all mowers, then go out to their house, say you cant get parts, and make them pay $105 anyway! Wow! That is just plain THEFT!  And they required over 3/4 the money up-front, that way they always keep their service call money even if they dont deserve it!

The guy that came out gets paid the same whether I get refunded the service call or not, and he deserves his paycheck. He was young, has been with them 3 months, was not partnered with anyone, and was sent out alone! That surprised me. He worked hard, in the sun, and even though it was just 82 degrees, he nearly got sick from the sun, and the stress of Sears rushing him. I felt bad for him. But he was a dear. He told me to fight for the service call to be refunded because they are doing me wrong, because his boss was the one who decided to cancel the repair, not me, its not my fault, and they are leaving me in the lurch.......told me to call Sears customer advocacy, and fight for it. Said he was 99% sure I'd easily get it ALL refunded. Yeah, right. He gave me a number, which got me a recorded menu, none of the choices of which was even close to what I needed. I looked up a number online, it still wasn't the right department, so I got switched about 4 times in all (all 4 were rude black women with attitudes), but I explained it and over and my objections, and got hung up on twice after being on hold at least 20 minutes both times. I was so mad, coz I KNOW they left me rotting on hold with no intention of picking it back up! A-HOLES FROM H***. Guess they think its funny when they do that to customers. WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH E-V-E-R!!! Theiving, scamming, lying, smart-aleck, rude, mean, deceptive, fraudulent, underhanded company, all of whom have the worst attitude and ethics I have ever seen! Except for Direct TV and DISH......they tie!

But I kept calling back. FINALLY got a fairly civil woman, Donna, who said they have to wait for the serviceman's final notes on it at the end of the day, and to call back tomorrow, and gave me a case #, her name, menu #, and the direct phone number so I could avoid recorded menus. So, I did. The woman I got with that number was Angel, and said they cant put any specific person on the phone. I told her I was calling back like I was told to yesterday, and told her about my case. She rudely claimed I could not have been told to call back today, but I was. They can check their recorded phone call frim yesterday and see. She kept being so mean and rude, even after I told her she doesnt need to be such a smart-aleck. Another attitude-y black woman, by the way she talked. What is it with all those chip-on-the-shoulder attitudes??? No wonder you mbw cant keep men, its because of your hateful, mean attitudes, and no wonder all the black dudes want white women who know how to treat people! Angel is no angel by any means, its just her name, LOL! What a bee-otch! She should not be working with customers, much less in the Customer Solutions Department!!

Even if I get the whole amount refunded, I am still left with knee-high grass after waiting so long TWICE on Sears just to get all this BS, have no one to cut it, I wont and cant pay $150 a week to a mowing "service", cant find anyone who does it on the side, have no way to take it to a shop for repair, and don't have the money for a new mower. No wonder Sears is going out of business!! I hope ALL those rude people lose their jobs, I hope Sears goes belly-up, and I hope they get in trouble for scams like these, just like when they got in trouble for ripping off customers left & right in their automotive departments, lying to customers, over-charging, telling them they needed things they didn't, switching parts on them, selling used car batteries and charging for supposedly new ones, etc!! THEIVES PLAIN & SIMPLE!!!!! They can all kiss my U-KNOW-WHAT!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2014 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Home-Services/nationwide/Sears-Home-Services-Liars-scammers-theives-underhanded-fraudulent-rip-off-cold-hear-1161400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Home Services

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

AUTHOR: connie - ()

Not only did Sears walk away from the job because it was taking too much time, lie to me, leave me in the lurch, and expect to keep the $100 trip charge even though THEY were the ones to cancel, the idiot "repair" guy left all the nuts and bolts out!! I finally found an honest, decent guy to fix my riding mower, and pick-up and delivery is only $20 extra. When they came yesterday to get it, they started to push it up the ramp onto the teailer and it literally was falling apart!! The sides, front bumper, and hood, all hanging loose, no screws, nuts, or bolts!! I couldnt believe it! I was FURIOUS! He took them off, so he shoud have put them back on like he found it! Now I have to pay extra because of it! Maybe I should charge him with theft or vandalism!! Just for fun! The jerk was in such a hurry to leave he couldnt even have the decency to put the hardware back on it???! Unreal!!! I thought it was his boss and Sears with the horrible, dishonest work ethic, but now I see its him, too! They are ALL theives!!! They have no morals, no honesty, no work ethic, no concience, no heart, no brains!! I HATE them, and I hope they all lose their jobs and burn in U-KNOW-WHERE!!!!!

Finally got a refund!

AUTHOR: connie - ()

I forgot to update later that I got a refund for the cost of having to get the outfit altered. It took tons of unanswered emails before I finally got justice, and will never order ANYTHING from them EVER again!