Complaint Review: Sears - Kmart Incident Center - Sedwick Claims Managment

• Submitted: Fri, December 28, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, February 13, 2008

• Reported By:prescott Michigan
Sears - Kmart Incident Center - Sedwick Claims Managment
Po Box 95407 Hoffman Estates, Illinois U.S.A.

Sears - Kmart Incident Center - Sedwick Claims Managment Services on june 12 2007 i tripped on their sidwalk by door, i now have only 40% use of my hand kmart #3864 Hoffman Estates Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I am not an attorney but

*Consumer Comment: You should be ashamed of yourself

*Consumer Comment: Why is Kmart/Sears responsible if you trip outside of their store?

*Consumer Comment: Life is filled with risk

*Consumer Suggestion: Best of luck......Another reason I do not shop at Nazimart

when going into kmarts i tripped on their sidewalk when heading to the entrance door. the fall resulted in severe damage to my right hand.(it shattered the back of my hand and broke the wrist) i had to wait 7 days before surgery could be done because i take blood thinners. sedgick claims, did not use total accurate medical information. they never talked to the three DR,s involved in my care . when asked where they got their medical information. i was told it was their project and not for me to know? there is nothing that can be done for my hand due to brittle bone. so i will live with a 60% loss of my hand. they have told me to bad. it was my fault as i was not looking where i was walking. they have came up with several reasons why i tripped. yet have talked to any of the Drs. they suggisted i leave them alone.as it is my problem and they are not going to do any thing for me. their case is closed.

sandra
prescott, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2007 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Kmart-Incident-Center-Sedwick-Claims-Managment/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60195/Sears-Kmart-Incident-Center-Sedwick-Claims-Managment-Services-on-june-12-2007-i-trippe-295190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears - Kmart Incident Center - Sedwick Claims Managment

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Abused consumer - (U.S.A.)

I was not aware at the time of fall i had brittle bone it was discovered only after the fall.how can you watch where you are walking and watch were you are going at the same time you have only one set of eyes.the only thing i wanted to do was make people aware this company and their ins co do not play fair. if you had to give up all your hobbies because you can no longer use your right hand you would be upset also.

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Abused consumer - (U.S.A.)

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Abused consumer - (U.S.A.)

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Abused consumer - (U.S.A.)

I am not an attorney but

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I am not an attorney but, from experience I can tell you that;

1. There is a principal in law called the thin scull principal in other words you take your victim as you find him/her. This means that if you had brittle bones it is their problem in terms of the thin scull principal and not yours.

2. Find an attorney that will represent you on a contingency basis (i.e. you win you pay the attorney or you lose and you DO NOT pay the attorney) and make sure that before you sign anything you read it.

3. If the attorney is any good he will go after everyone. There is a good chance it will ever get to court as the insurance company's representing these large firms settle and make the problem go away.

Make sure it is on a contingency basis

You should be ashamed of yourself

AUTHOR: Clifford - (U.S.A.)

You should be ashamed of yourself for suing someone because of your klutzy falling. It is no ones fault but your own. My god, take responsibility for yourself folks.

If an employee came out and knocked you down I can see it. I think we have all stubled and fell, I certainly have. I never once even considered suing anyone.

All this kind of attitude does is make prices higher for all of us.

Of course this does not mean that some greedy lawyer and and a stupid jury won't give you money but it certainly does make it right.

Pathetic.

Why is Kmart/Sears responsible if you trip outside of their store?

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

If the sidewalk outside the store entranace was so bad, I would imagine many people would be tripping and falling down all the time. You even stated you had brittle bones which is a pre-existing condition. Many insurance companies will not provide coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Sandra, you did not state, how old are you?

Life is filled with risk

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Your bones are brittle? How is that K-Mart's problem? You failed to watch where you were walking? How is that K-Mart's problem?

This is what's wrong in this country. Everyone wants the other guy to be responsible for them.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

Best of luck......Another reason I do not shop at Nazimart

AUTHOR: Nathan - (U.S.A.)

I wish you the best. I would contact an NaCa attorney they may be able to help.
I am not an attorney.

You accident is another reason why I spread the word not to shop at NaziMart.

good luck to you