Complaint Review: Sears Oakview Mall Omaha NE

• Updated: Tue, September 03, 2013

• Reported By: Jo Te — Waterloo Nebraska
Sears Oakview Mall Omaha NE
3420 Oakview Drive Omaha, Nebraska USA

Sears Oakview Mall Omaha NE Zero wiggle room for return on defective leaf blower. Omaha Nebraska

*Author of original report: You need to get a life

*Author of original report: Sears has since reached out and remedied the issue

*Author of original report: Thank you for responding.

*UPDATE Employee: SearsCares

*General Comment: Too much BS!!

Awful Experience. I bought a leaf blower 3 months ago. Used it once when I first bought it, had trouble getting it to idle, but nevertheless used it all of 10 minutes. Then three months later I needed to use it again, wouldn't start. I decided I wanted to just return the damn thing for a refund or exchange. Well, their policy is no returns after 3 months, regardless of the fact I bought the extended warranty. I told them I only ran it 10 minutes and when I really needed to use it it wouldn't start. They held firm not exchanging it and said I'd have to take it to their repair center.

The manager I spoke with was very rude and short with me. So I took it to the repair center and was told I may have to pay up to $45 for parts if they need to fix it!!!! This is bull crap!!! I bought a new blower and the thing only ran for 10 minutes and it just happened to be a few days past the 3 month mark when I actually needed to use it, and now I'm told I may have to fork over even more money???????? I will NEVER deal with Sears on Oakview mall EVER AGAIN. Stay away from this store, they are rude and allow zero wiggle room to satisfy their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2013 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Oakview-Mall-Omaha-NE/Omaha-Nebraska-68144/Sears-Oakview-Mall-Omaha-NE-Zero-wiggle-room-for-return-on-defective-leaf-blower-Omaha-N-1081260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Oakview Mall Omaha NE

You need to get a life

AUTHOR: Jo Te - ()

First of all, I will not waste any more time on you than you are worth. And speaking of time, you have nothing better to do than troll complaints? A. YOU WERE NOT THERE. B. YOU DON'T KNOW ME. YOU DON'T KNOW THE DETAILS OF THE SITUATION, THUS YOU DON'T GET TO PASS JUDGEMENT ON ME YOU MISERABLE TROLL. C. GET A LIFE.

Sears has since reached out and remedied the issue

AUTHOR: Jo Te - ()

Thank you to Sears for the prompt phone call and working with me to remedy the issue. It speaks volumes to their integrity. I didn't expect a swift response but they have since reached out to me and I will continue to be a loyal customer. Thank you.

Thank you for responding.

AUTHOR: Jo Te - ()

Edwin- Thank you for responding to my complaint. I have since emailed you and I await a phone call.

SearsCares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Dear Jo Te,

We’re sorry for the problems you’ve encountered with your leaf blower, and the cost of repair that was assessed. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We like to assist and look into this repair assessment further. We’ll be happy to speak with you and have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution for the repair of the same. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Jo Te) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.

Edwin C.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support

#5 General Comment

Too much BS!!

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

The problem is this, THEY DONT KNOW IF YOU ARE TELLING THE TRUTH!! The american consumer has lied, cheated, and bullshitted thier way into unauthorized returns. EVERYONE HAS A SOB STORY!!! So they have no idea if what you say is true. And yes there is ZERO wiggle room. And you have no one to blame but ourselves. Its not that shops fault. Even we ONLY have your word that the events unfolded in that way. For all we or Sears knows your just useing them as a "rental". Which is a very common practice with the consumer as well. So just bear with them and use the warrenty to get it fixed.

You also have a "Manufacturers warrenty" that normally covers this type of event. You will have to follow the procedure setup by the manufacturer to get this resolved. Its unfortunate but yet again this is a event we could have never had happen if the american consumer was honest, responsable, and shopped with integrity. But unfortunatly it is what it is. You cant blame them, they have been the victims in all of this, and the victim said enough is enough. No more favors, no more wiggle room. No more taking in the rear because someone has a convincing  sob story.

Also how exactly are you defining "rude"? Was he rude because he wouldnt give you your way? Was he actually rude as in as beligerant as you were? See anymore in the retail enviroment, when a customer says "rude" it normally means that the other person didnt give them what they want. So was the manager rude? Did they verbal assault you? Did they spit on your shoes? The consumer uses rude as a cover all to get thier way. Corporations have started getting smart to the tactics the american consumer uses to get thier way.

As hard as jobs are to get, no one would willing put thier job at risk by giving poor customer service. The corporations KNOW this. So you need to define rude better. If that manager was telling you "NO" they couldnt do what you want, then thats not rude. Thats doing the job the ppl that pay him tells him to do. YOU ARE NOT PAYING THAT PERSONS PAYCHECK AND YOU ARE NOT THIER BOSS!! You are just a customer coming in with a sob story past the time frame allowed for a return.

Its not thier fault this issue happend to you. They are just the poor bastards who have to deal with you. And from the tone of your post Im betting you didnt go in there all sweetness and light. I mean really from the tone of your post you were Emily POST and they were the unwashed cave people. Im also betting you showed your ass when you didnt get your way, there for escalating the situation. So once again....exactly who was rude??