Complaint Review: Sears Outlet Marietta GA

• Updated: Mon, May 12, 2014

• Reported By: Debbie S. — Lawrenceville Georgia
Sears Outlet Marietta GA
Marietta , Georgia USA

Sears Outlet Marietta GA Did not deliver appliances - has not made the refund - still waiting over 1 month - cannot get anyone to correct their mistake Marietta Georgia

On April 11 and 12, 2014 I bought a range, microwave hood and dishwasher for a total of approximately $2,500 - paid cash in the store.  Delivery was set for the following Saturday, April 19, 2014.  On April 16, 2014 I received an email from Sears stating that they could not deliver the range that day (the 16th) because the range was not in the warehouse and was no longer available therefore they cancelled the purchase of my range.  I called the store where I bought my appliances and spoke with the salesperson who worked with me to purchase the three appliances and was told that email sent was in error and the range was in the warehouse and on schedule to be delivered on Saturday as planned. I was told that I would receive a phone call from Customer Service with my "window" for delivery on the 19th.  I didn't receive the promised phone call on Friday so I called the series of 800 numbers on the receipt for the merchandize.  talked to someone in Customer Service who said the delivery was actually set for the following Wednesday, April 23.  I said the delivery date was wrong, it was scheduled for April 19, she said someone must have entered it wrong so I said no problem we'll reschedule for the following Saturday, April 26, 2014.  The following Friday, April 25, 2014, I did not hear from the delivery or installation "team" so I called the series of customer service numbers on my receipts again.  I was told that my delivery was on schedule and should arrive between 10 and 2 on Saturday.  I was told the delivery "team" would call me when they were approximately 1 hour out.  By 1:00 pm I hadn't received the promised call and I called the series of customer service numbers again.  This time I was told that the installation "team" had attempted to reach me the night before but were unable to make contact therefore the dishwasher was cancelled but that my range and microwave would be delivered now between 2 and 4 that day.  At approximately 5 pm my doorbell range and it was the delivery "team" with a dishwasher but no range or microwave.  I was dumbfounded.  I explained what had happened to the delivery persons who informed me that this same thing had happend three times prior that same day and would I care to cancel my order as the others had before me.  I said yes.  The delivery person called Sears to cancel the delivery and I spoke with the Sears operator to confirm that I had cancelled the order.  I was told that Sears would not refund my purchase at that time and they would "cut a check" within 5 - 10 business days.  I was not happy with this so I called the store where I bought the merchandize.  I spoke with the person who sold me the merchandize and he was very apologetic stating that he would make sure that the cancellation and refund were handled immediately.  He said he would call back to report his findings.  I did not hear anything from Sears so began to call the series of 800 numbers given to me on the receipt.  I have spoken with numerous departments, all of which stated that the cancellation was not recorded but that they would make sure it happened.  Each time I call Sears I am told the same thing - they are very sorry this has happened but they would make sure that the transaction was cancelled properly and I would receive my refund.  Last Tuesday, May 6, I was contacted by Sears Customer Service to inquire about my customer experience and to confirm that I was happy with my appliances.  Again, I told my story, she was very apologetic and promised that she would get to the end of this matter and personally take care of this problem.  Again, nothing happened.  I called Sears Customer Service again on Saturday, May 10, 2014, spoke with a Customer Service representative who stated the very same thing - the order had not been cancelled but she would call the store and have this taken care of - "would I please hold?" - four times she called - no answer each time.  I was on the phone with this person for over 1.5 hours finally to be told that she had escalated the issue to the corporate level and the store would have 48 hours to contact me and remedy the issues.  This morning I received a voicemail from some Sears delivery person stating that he was trying to deliver my dishwasher this morning so I called the 800 numbers again only to be told yet again that there was no cancellation on record.  This person said he would take care of the cancellation himself, would check on it and get back.  He did get back and said he was unable to do anything but was able to get the Customer Complaint number for me.  I am completely at my wits end.  Sears has not refunded my money for over a month now and I am ready to file a complaint with the Sheriff's Office and the Better Business Bureau.  Anyone out there have any ideas of what to do here?  I think it would make a great class action civil suit as it appears this is Sears standard operating procedure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Outlet-Marietta-GA/Marietta-Georgia/Sears-Outlet-Marietta-GA-Did-not-deliver-appliances-has-not-made-the-refund-still-wai-1145864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Outlet Marietta GA