Complaint Review: Sears Outlet Store

• Submitted: Tue, December 16, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 16, 2008

• Reported By:Wallingford Connecticut
Sears Outlet Store
190 Frontage Rd West Haven, Connecticut U.S.A.

Sears Outlet Store Don't Shop at Sears Outlet West Haven Connecticut

I showed up at this Sears Outlet location looking for a deal on a washing machine and dryer. When I arrived at the location I was greeted by a woman that claimed to be the store manager, unfortunately I don't remember her name but I think it was Amy. The store had just openned for its grand opening. Anyway, I picked out a washing machine and dryer that I wanted and the store manager - Amy, tried to get me to buy some sort of protection agreement. I wasn't really sure what this protection agreement was for since the store manager also kept telling me that the washing machine and dryer were already under warranty. Even though I told her several times I did not want the protection plan, Amy (store manager) added the amount to my order. When I finally said that I was not going to pay her for the washing machine and dryer she (Amy, the store manager) told me that she was not allowed to sell me anything without a protection agreement because they had a quota to meet. When I continued to tell this Amy lady that I would not pay anything if the protection plan continued to be on my order Amy started screaming at me that I "had no choice" and that I was getting the product "for next to nothing". I was so upset I just walked out of the store. I've shopped at Sears for several years and I've never been treated that way in any other location. I will shop at any other Sears but will never go to the Sears Outlet in West Haven again!

Ryan
Wallingford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Outlet-Store/West-Haven-Connecticut-06516/Sears-Outlet-Store-Dont-Shop-at-Sears-Outlet-West-Haven-Connecticut-402133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Outlet Store