Complaint Review: Sears Outlet

Sears Outlet
3700 William Penn Highway Monroeville, Pennsylvania USA

Sears Outlet Took advantage of, neglected Monroeville Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Sears Cares

First of all, this hellhole is disguised as a warehouse. You know how they say you get what you pay for? Well, this story is going to prove that point.

My boyfriend and I purchased a refrigerator at Sears Outlet in early February of this year. I had to handle the delivery men, because he had to work and I didn't appreciate their attitude that day. They told me it was cold enough that I could set all my cold items on the porch.

They might have been joking but I think they were half serious. As if that wasn't bad enough, they plugged in the new refrigerator, mumbled something about it being the right temperature and took off. I put all my food away and waited a couple of hours for the fridge to break in.

No such luck and the delivery guys didn't even give me a manual for my fridge or asked me if I had any questions about the product. About 3 hours went by and the fridge got a little cold but I checked the freezer and lo and behold, it wasn't working right.

My boyfriend and I called up Sears Outlet telling notifying them about the issue and demanded our money back. They told us they would gladly do that and we got it back but the defective refrigerator took up room on our porch for weeks even after we contacted them about removing it. They wrote some jibberish down on a note pad and that was it.

Well, no surprise here: the fridge was still on our porch. My boyfriend and I went to that store several times talking to a few different associates who treated us the same way. So, we showed up there again and they said that would have the money credited to our bank account but we told them they already refunded it.

They then stated, it was never entered into their system. So, we decided not to argue and to just take it if that was the case. So, they gave us a stating the amount of money going back into the account. Well, when I checked the bank account that day, the money was oddly enough with withdrawled from the account.

I then went my bank for them print a statement and not only was the money withdrawled from the account but it was never deposited to begin with. I was fuming! My boyfriend had to go to work so I had to talk to Sears alone and demanded why there was money withdrawled from the account instead of credit back? Luckily, I got to talk to somebody who seemed like he gave a d**n and even took me back to the office to resolve this matter a little more efficiently and to understand how and why that happened and even contacted "corporate".

He fixed the problem but the amount that was deposited into the account was less money than was withdrawled. I decided to let that slide until one day, my washer started acting up. I did towels that day and right when I was about to transfer them to my dryer, I noticed they were not only soak and wet but freezing cold. I couldn't even wring them out.

I then told the Sears guy about this issue as well and he said to call the service repair number that was listed on our warranty pamphlet. So we did and the agent we talked to seemed nice and even set up a date to have a technician come look at it. The date was March 12, 2014 and the time was between 1-5 pm.

They never showed up so I tried to call them and ask them why no one ever showed up to my house. They didn't even bother to apologize and asked what phone numberthe delivery date was under. It didn't help that they didn't speak English. I now refuse to deal with these people. I am heading to the store once again to complain and after this, I will never purchase an appliance from Sears Outlet ever again.

I never thought I would deal with so much hassle from a company in all my life! They have screwed up more than once. Enough is enough! It just makes me wonder how the hell they are still in business??!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2014 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Outlet/Monroeville-Pennsylvania-15146/Sears-Outlet-Took-advantage-of-neglected-Monroeville-Pennsylvania-1130416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Outlet

Sears Cares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Hello Pissedoff85!

We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.  My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated and upset over what has occurred with your refrigerator and washer. We would be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers to contact you and address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Pissedoff85), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.  Again, we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and look forward to speaking with you.

Liz R.