Complaint Review: Sears Parts Direct

• Updated: Thu, July 14, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — Fort Lupton Colorado United States of America
Sears Parts Direct

Sears Parts Direct beware before ordering! Internet

On 7/3/11 I ordered parts online thru Sears Parts Direct, and marked the box to have the parts shipped to a P O Box.  I received an automated e-mail stating the parts had shipped on 7/5/11 and included was a tracking number for UPS. I read UPS and knew something was wrong; UPS does not deliver to a P O Box!

I e-mailed Sears and asked them if this was a joke shipping via UPS and they responded no the shipper was a vendor of theirs and the only way the parts could be delivered was through UPS. I explained to them I never would have purchased parts thru their website if I would have known they only ship UPS, I wanted to the parts delivered to my P O Box. And why do they have the option to ship to a P O Box on their website if they REALLY don't offer this shipping service?

Needless to say Sears is now telling me the shipping problem is my fault, and asks me for a physical address, which I respond with in an e-mail. Sears promises the parts will be at my door on 7/11/11. Yet another wasted promise. I check UPS.com and they report they cannot find an address to send the parts to, and will send the recipient a postcard to find out the correct address. What? UPS is going to send a postcard to an address they wont deliver a package to, how stupid is that?

Then Sears says after several e-mails they cannot change the address the package was shipped to. So why did Sears ask for a physical address if they cant change the information on the package mid shipment? Yet another incompetent move on Searss part.

I finally told Sears on 7/14/11 to cancel the order because of their mistakes and credit me back. Sears is stating they will have to wait for UPS to finally return the parts to them BEFORE they will correct anything. I seriously doubt UPS will return anything to Sears.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2011 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Parts-Direct/internet/Sears-Parts-Direct-beware-before-ordering-Internet-753165. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Parts Direct