Complaint Review: Sears Roebuck And Co

• Submitted: Wed, July 23, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 24, 2008

• Reported By:Amado Arizona
Sears Roebuck And Co
www.sears.com Hoffman Estates, Illinois U.S.A.

Sears Roebuck And Co Defective Product, Ineffective Repairs, Unsympathetic Customer Service Hoffman Estates Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Used up?

In 2005 I purchased a top of the line Kenmore Elite Refrigerator ($2,200.00)

In March of 2008 I had a condensor replaced after coming home from vacation to find everything thawed and spoiled. It took 1 week for service then additional 4 days to order the part and then 3 days to repair. I purchased a protection agreement for $250.00

In April 2008 it went out again and again 4 days to get a repair man, 4 days to get a new compressor and an additional 4 days to repair it again.

I emailed customer service to let them know how dissatisfied I was. They simply responded that I didn't qualify for a replacement. I also made several phone calls and was routed or put on hold. Several times the customer service person spook poor English so that I didn't even understand them.

July 23,(Tucson AZ) Peak of summer the refrigerator is thawed again I am told I will have to wait a week for a repairman to come! I can't get anyone to
respond in a timely fashion. When I told them I had a service agreement, they said I had almost used it up because of my 2 service calls!

The 2 parts that were replaced were major and should have worked longer than 3 years.

It is obvious the product was defective and Sears does not care about the quality or the service. It isn't what it used to be.Because of this experience I will never buy another sears product.

Incidentally, my home was new in 2005, I purchased the refrigerator,washer/dryer,reverse osmosis,television and water softner at the same time from Sears.

Amado, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 04:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Roebuck-And-Co/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/Sears-Roebuck-And-Co-Defective-Product-Ineffective-Repairs-Unsympathetic-Customer-Servic-354848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Roebuck And Co

Used up?

AUTHOR: The Consumerist - (U.S.A.)

After 4 part failures within a 12 month period it can be declared a lemon
You have Unlimited service and no charge for parts or labor with the Master Protection Agreement

You also have food loss protection (up to 250$) within a 12 month period.
I think thats what that they meant when you used most of it up.

I'm guessing you saved 500$ since the Compressor / Condenser went out + cost of food.

Something Phone support should have done, Apologize for your inconveniences.