Complaint Review: Sears, Roebuck & Co.

• Submitted: Thu, April 04, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, April 04, 2002

• Reported By:
Sears, Roebuck & Co.
Sears Homelife Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Sears, Roebuck & Co. Made in USA-ripoff con artist fake ripoff Mesa Arizona

3 years ago, Sweetie and I picked out a nice 'mission' style
table and chair set at the now defunct Sears Homelife.

I asked
the salesperson where it was made. Kentucky. It looked like good
quality oak. We bought the table and ordered 2 captain chairs and 4 regular chairs.

When the chairs arrived, the captain chairs had broken arms. We refused to accept them. They were crudely repaired and returned to us. We refused them again. Two chairs were shipped to us. When they arrived, we noticed they were a much different color.

Also, none of these chairs had the same quality wood. All of these chair are made from many pieces of scrap that was glued together.

The worst insult - there are small stickers on the underside that say "Universal Furniture - Del Mar - Made in Singapore".

Gee, the Sears salesperson lied to us! I got no help from Sears. Sears didn't want to hear my complaints. They wouldn't allow me to return this junk.

And, they used a local collection attorney to extract the money from me. Never trust in Sears!

Bill
Gilbert, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2002 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Roebuck-Co/Mesa-Arizona/Sears-Roebuck-Co-Made-in-USA-ripoff-con-artist-fake-ripoff-Mesa-Arizona-18213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears, Roebuck & Co.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC