Complaint Review: Sears Roebuck Co

• Reported By: Frank T — Stewartsville New Jersey USA
Sears Roebuck Co
Hwy 22 Phillipsburg, New Jersey United States of America

Sears Roebuck Co Poor customer service Phillipsburg, New Jersey

We recently (6mo) purchased all new appliances from Sears. As an enticement to receiving an additional 10% off the bill, we were asked to apply for a Sears Mastercard. I should have known from the onset what kind of future customer service I could expect when they notified me that my application had been rejected. I received a letter, mailed to my home, that in essence stated, that I was rejected because they (Sears credit) were unable to verify my mailing address. I called Sears Credit, and asked the teenage idiot working there, if he saw the irony in all of this. With an attitude, he replied "no". We finally got that mess straightened out and I later discovered that our new Kitchenaid refrigerator was making unusual noises. I called Sears customer service where again, I had the pleasure of speaking to another recent product of our public school system. I explained that my refrig was still under warranty and would like someone to look at it to determine why it was making "clicking" noises. I was told that "new refrigerator's are so quiet, the noise I'm hearing is normal". I explained that it wasn't normal and would like someone to look at it. She said she would send out a repairmen, and if he determined that the noise was normal, I would have to pay a 75.00 dollar service call charge. It will be a day of low property tax's in New Jersey, before ever buy anything else from Sears. This company was known for its outstanding customer service however that's not the case anymore.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2010 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Roebuck-Co/Phillipsburg-New-Jersey-08886/Sears-Roebuck-Co-Poor-customer-service-Phillipsburg-New-Jersey-600480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Roebuck Co