Complaint Review: Sears Roebuck & Company

• Updated: Sat, March 27, 2010

• Reported By: Ted — Katy Texas United States of America
Sears Roebuck & Company

Sears Roebuck & Company Delays price match, Internet

I bought a Pro-Form Activator System 7 on the Sears web site for 499.88 but found it elsewhere within a day for 399.99.  I called Sears IMMEDIATELY for a price match and went through an initial hassle because Sears likes to put their own model number on the owner's manual and the box...but the service rep eventually agreed it was the same model.  Then, a few days later, I got an email that said additional information was needed, the only true additional being my Costco member number (which I could have given over the phone if Sears asked me).  The email said I had 30 days from the order date to complete the info.  So, on day 28 (yesterday) I did so and emailed it back.  Today, I was denied because I did not contact them within the 14 day time limit.  First off all, I contacted them within a single day...and, second, their reply at that time said I had 30 days.

Between gift and debit cards that never come or expire, valid rebates that get denied and, now, price matches that are lost due to poor customer service, it's a wonder that people buy anything anymore, based on after-the-fact promises...or, more to the point...LIES!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2010 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Roebuck-Company/internet/Sears-Roebuck-Company-Delays-price-match-Internet-586246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Roebuck & Company