Complaint Review: Sears, Roebuck and Co.

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, February 18, 2002

• Reported By:Brookfield CT
Sears, Roebuck and Co.
3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates,, Illinois U.S.A.

Sears, Roebuck and Co. Hoffman Estates, Illinois ..consumer ripoff Microwave Hood recall repair that never happens

FiIed a recall request with Whirlpool on 1/11/02 for a Microwave Hood Combo sold by Sears as a Kenmore item.
They sent notice that I could not use Microwave and to power it off. That I would receive inidcation of when it would be repaired. Received a notice from Sears in the mail on 2/6/02 not to use microwave and to call for appointment to have repaired. I called and they set the date for today, Feb 18th. Sears indicated that I must be available between 7:00am and 12:00 pm. I took the day off from work, and emptied my cabinets over the stove so that the microwave could be removed. At 12:36 pm I called the 1800-830-1139 number and advised them that no one had shown up. They then connected me with Sears repair dept in Newington Connecticut. I advised them of the situation and was told that 9 repair personnel called out and that no one was comming. They never called me and It cost me a days pay to wait at the house. I then called Sears Headquaters in San Antonio an talked to Maria. She told me that I could contact the Sears store in Danbury, CT and they would give me a new microwave without having to wait for this recall to be repaired. I called Danbury and they know nothing about this arrangement and indicated that it was a whirlpool problem.

I cannot use the microwave due to the recall and cannot take another day off of work. Sears has dropped the ball again. My son also has the same unit and they were to repair his today. They never called either.

I want a new unit delivered to my door at no cost.

Brookfield, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Roebuck-and-Co/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/Sears-Roebuck-and-Co-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-consumer-ripoff-Microwave-Hood-recall-r-14388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears, Roebuck and Co.