Complaint Review: Sears Sears Charge Plus

• Submitted: Fri, November 09, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, October 20, 2012

• Reported By:Southport Maine
Sears Sears Charge Plus
Sears 8 Cooks Corner 8 Gurnet Road Brunswick Maine 04011-2766 Nationwide U.S.A.

Sears Sears Charge Plus I Purdhased a 42" High Deinition tv from Sears. I was told that I would receive $150.00 off if I opened a Sears credit card account,which I id.I did not receive $150.00 off I reeived $10.00 off. Immediately I paid the credit card billin full and tried to close the credit card account At this point I received a bill charging me for ANOTHER 42" PNASONIC TELEVISIONwhich I never ordered or received. Brunswick Maine

*UPDATE Employee: It was the Associate's Fault

On 10/27/07 I purchased a 42" Panasonic Television, from Sears in Brunswick,Maine. I was told if I opened a Sears Charge account I would be credited 150.00 if I paid the card of in full right away, which I did.
sears has since charged another tv exactly the same model to the charge account and refuses to close the account. The store blames the Sears charge and the sears charge blames the store. They have not reflected the initial payment for the full price of the tv on my card statement ($1312.49) and both the store and the charge company keep giving me the run around over and over and over. As a result I currently have a bill that is charging me for two televisions when I only asked for and received one.

Donald
Southport, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2007 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Sears-Charge-Plus/nationwide/Sears-Sears-Charge-Plus-I-Purdhased-a-42-High-Deinition-tv-from-Sears-I-was-told-that-I-283984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Sears Charge Plus

It was the Associate's Fault

AUTHOR: Maxjohnson02 - (United States of America)

The associate who enrolled you for the credit card NEVER should have told you it would save you $150.00 off your purchase. It's only $10 off.

The charge plus gets you 0% interest for up to 3 years, so that's the major advantage.

There's nothing wrong with this card, the card company or sears in general (for the most part), but the associate who said the card got you 150 off and the store that defended this action were ultimately at fault. I know my managers would never try to pull that crap.