Complaint Review: Sears/ Sears Home Delivery

• Submitted: Wed, November 01, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 01, 2006

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Sears/ Sears Home Delivery
Tucson Mall Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

Sears/ Sears Home Delivery ,delivery gone bad-no follow up from SEARS Tucson Arizona

We purchased a dryer washer and fridge July 22, now November 1st and Sears has not come thru for us.

On July 24th we had the fridge, washer and dryer delivered to our home resulting in a damaged floor, door jam and electrical faults. The washer control dial was broken, the dryer was wired for an instant ground fault and the vent was not trimmed to fit resulting in a loop that would not allow the dryer to sit near the wall. Funny thing about that is the clamps to secure the vent hose were still in the hose, inside the hose.

I moved the dryer to trim the hose and the circuit tripped. Upon inspection I found broken terminals on the dryer allowing one of the 220 lines (110 volts) to short out on the dryer housing tripping the breaker. The clamp that secures the 220-power cord to the dryer was not attached properly.

My wooden floor was damaged while the movers were trying to scoot the fridge thru a door that it would not fit thru without removing the doors of the fridge. I asked them to leave after I saw that they were not interested in my help. I took the doors off and installed the fridge myself.

I started the SEARS phone run around got my dryer replaced and installed by an ex employee of SEARS (let go as a result of DOWN SIZING and contracting delivery) and the washer replaced. I wanted SEARS to fix my home and have yet to see it done.

I have had a Sears employee (Jeff with Sears Home Delivery) come to the house take pictures and promise that I would have results in 24 hours. Jeff sent the delivery contractor a week or so later to inspect the damage, they denied responsibility (what did he think they would say?).

Last e-mail I received from Jeff was on the 17th of October stating that he had updated MR. Martin and that I should receive an update soon, today is NOV. 1st and I am going to the Mall to talk to SEARS in person.MORE TO COME!!

Keith
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2006 09:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Sears-Home-Delivery/Tucson-Arizona/Sears-Sears-Home-Delivery-delivery-gone-bad-no-follow-up-from-SEARS-Tucson-Arizona-218594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears/ Sears Home Delivery