Complaint Review: Sears, Sears.com

• Submitted: Sat, November 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, November 28, 2009

• Reported By: ruchi — Edison New Jersey United States of America
Sears, Sears.com

Sears, Sears.com Not Honoring Mail In Rebate as promised at time of sale Chicago Illinois, Internet

I bought a Plasma TV from sears.com on 08/29/09. Order # was 87264741. There was a promotion for a 10 % mail in rebate for a mastercard  or 20% If I get a sears gift card for purchases of $799 and above. Program # H090632

I bought  the TV for 1860.72 and charged my sears card $1610.72 and the rest $250 on a Sears gift card. (the limit on my sears card is $1650 and was told by customer service to use a sears gift card for this purchase)

I again spoke to customer service, sears credit and rebate center before the purchase to confirm that I will be eligible for the rebate If I buy the TV using the sears gift card and sears card both.  I was told this will not be a problem by all three departments and will be eligible for the Mail in Rebate.

I submitted the mail in rebate on 09/04/2009.

After waiting for 3 months, Now they are not honoring my Mail in rebate and are giving me the run around. They are saying I am not eligible for the rebate as I used a sears gift card with my sears card for the purchase.

I am filing this report at Ripoffreport.com about sears fraudulent policies with customers at time of sale of products by not honoring the mail in rebates.

All Buyers beware of this and buy your products at stores which will honor their promotions at the time of sale and save yourself a lot of frustration.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 10:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Searscom/internet/Sears-Searscom-Not-Honoring-Mail-In-Rebate-as-promised-at-time-of-sale-Chicago-Illinois-530009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears, Sears.com