Complaint Review: Sears Shop Your Way

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: Juneyeta — Indiana United States of America
Sears Shop Your Way

Sears Shop Your Way Kmart/Sears Shop Your Way Rewards Sears Shop Your Way Rewards Scam , Internet

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Shop Your Way Problems

This is the second time I have experienced horrible experience with the Sears/Kmart Shop Your Way rewards. Last year I placed one order through Sears/Kmart  for many items and attempted to use my rewards balance but was unsuccessful and believed I had committed an error in my order process.

My order was also very late, had missing items and took almost 3 months for a refund of products that were never shipped to me after taking my payment and no notification of out of stock items was received.

My second attempt to use the online ordering system and use my Rewards through the Shop Your Way program today has been just as bad. I logged into my account to shop to make sure I used my rewards this time as I had some expiring today and wanted to be sure to get the benefit of money I already spent at their stores. I was perplexed at how the rewards would be applied but followed the steps of the order process. Upon choosing my items and putting in my payment information (which it requested before it would allow previewing my order). I had a note at the top of the screen with a check box marked to apply my rewards. The right hand section with my order information told me to have my PIN ready, which I did. The message stated that the rewards would be applied after the order was placed. I thought this was again odd, but went ahead and placed the order. Immediately the system took me to an order confirmation page with no other way to include my rewards information and had charged me the entire amount of the purchase without applying the rewards.

I attempted to use the chat service and the phone customer service immediately after placing the order. I spent almost 2 hours with the customer service, order department, and rewards departments who were all unable or unwilling to assist with getting the rewards added to my purchase as they stated they cannot add awards to an order already placed (even though this is what the system had indicated). I asked if there was a way to get a refund on rewards that were not applied at least in part as a number of them were expiring today and that was my entire reason for making a purchase today. I was informed there was nothing they could do. This will be the last purchase we make online through Kmart/Sears as we want to shop with honest vendors and eCommerce solutions that work. As a professional Internet Marketing and Web Development Operations Director, I am highly disappointed in the lack of customer care, concern, or ability to assist when errors occur on their side due to technological inadequacy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-Shop-Your-Way/internet/Sears-Shop-Your-Way-KmartSears-Shop-Your-Way-Rewards-Sears-Shop-Your-Way-Rewards-Scam-I-977497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears Shop Your Way

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Shop Your Way Problems

AUTHOR: Babyface - ()

As an employee of KMart I have experience in dealing with the Shop Your Way Program.  The employee is required to ask the customer if he/she has a Shop your Way Reward card or give the phone number that an account was created by.  At the time a customer creates their account, they are told to create a personal pin number.  When a customer earns enough points to redeem money,  we enter the Shop Your Way Rewards button twice and enter the last 4 digits of their member number and the system automatically redeems point they may have based on the purchase.

If the customer has over $10 worth of point to use, they are asked to type in their pin number, which will automatically redeem the points.  However on numerous occations, the customer has forgotten their pin number, as a result, we are unable to redeem no more than we are allowed to give them, which is $10.  We cannot change their pin number.  When the customer receives an e-receipt, it gives them an option to change their pin.  Or they may call the Shop Your Way number.