allowing

• Updated: Tue, December 01, 2009

• Reported By: Deb_G — Lawrenceville New Jersey United States of America
Sears and Roebuck Co
Nationwide United States of America

Sears and Roebuck Co Sears Master Protection Agreement is a Joke -- avoid buying it! Nationwide

In October of 2008, I called to inquire about a Master Protection Agreement I had on a 37" TV and Sears rep said the Master Protection warranty expired. I then paid $112.00 to have a technician to evaluate tv on10/31/2008 and he stated that it could not be repaired because they didnt have the part.

Subsequently, in November of 2009, I received a renewal notice from Sears informing me that the said TV was under Master Protection Agreement (MPA) through 10/3/2009. I then looked through my files and found the valid MPA. I called to report the error and Customer Solutions (dept.) that handles the agreements acknowledged that Sears was in error, but would not honor the MPA because she said it had expired!!! Yes, I know that but when I called on 10/31/2008, I was told by Sears that the MPA had expired!!!

Now, I paid $518.38 in 2006 for that agreement and all I got out of it was the runaround by Sears Customer relations and Customer Solutions Departments. I feel totally screwed by Sears!!! All I was offered was a $100.00 gift certificate -- not even close to the MPA amount I paid -- not counting the $112.00 I paid to have the technician come to look at the TV in 2008 when it was indeed under warranty!

Don't buy Sears Master Protection Agreements -- they just give you the runaround and try not to pay up when their products fail!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2009 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-and-Roebuck-Co/nationwide/Sears-and-Roebuck-Co-Sears-Master-Protection-Agreement-is-a-Joke-avoid-buying-it-Nati-531463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears and Roebuck Co