Complaint Review: Sears - citiBank

• Submitted: Thu, March 25, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, March 25, 2010

• Reported By: pepper74112 — Tulsa Oklahoma United States of America
Sears - citiBank

Sears - citiBank Citi Bank Lowered the amount I can charge, sky high interest rates! Internet

A couple of months ago I got a letter from Sears saying that due to my history of buying they were lowering the amount that I could put on the card. I thought how weird, I have been with them since 1976 and have excellent credit. I called them and told them it was kind of insulting. Oh well, they didn't care. Then I got one of the new statements, and a few days later I got another letter saying the statement was in error and gave me corrections. In big bold numbers it said they were charging 25.24% interest rate! I could not believe my eyes!! I emailed them, they wanted me to call them at the 800 number. I wrote them back and said why should I call and be put on hold just to get a generic person (that I hope can speak english) to tell me there is nothing they can do for me. I gave them my phone number and told them to call me if they can tell me there lowering my interest rate. Well you know how that went. I'm through with Citi Bank and Sears. My credit is excellent, I can get a loan any time I need one. If this is how they treat people that has been with them for years and always paid there bill, I don't need them. I feel really ripped off. Goodbye Sears & KMart.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2010 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-citiBank/internet/Sears-citiBank-Citi-Bank-Lowered-the-amount-I-can-charge-sky-high-interest-rates-Inter-585391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears - citiBank