Complaint Review: Sears home Improvement Cabinet refacing Long Island Office

• Submitted: Tue, February 02, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, February 04, 2010

• Reported By: Barbara — Huntington Sta New York United States of America
Sears home Improvement Cabinet refacing Long Island Office

Sears home Improvement Cabinet refacing Long Island Office They do not customize your cabinet refacing instead as per their advertising and sales representative!!! instead they put framing and smaller doors and eliminate rolling draws. Charge your account wh Internet

*Author of original report: Sears Came Through!!!

I signed a contract to have my cabinets refaced by Sears Home Improvement.  They advertise custom cabinetry refacing and after signing a contract which you have 3 days to cancel they sent a person to measure the cabinets a week later.  At this time I was told they cannot reface the cabinets with full overlay instead they would have to put framing in all of the cabinets eliminating rolling draws and install smaller doors and draw fronts!!!!  I was told they were unable to comply and would cancel the contract, then they decided they could do the job with full overlay as per Andrew Bott. When I told them I felt uncomfortable about it  the sales rep Melissa Moschetto  said I did not have a choice since I only have 3 days to cancel the contract when I did not find this out until 1 week later!!!!  I was threatened by the sales consultant that I would be charged a $6,178.00 cancellation fee!!!!  After being intimidated I had the cabinets remeasured and they still felt they could not do the job and proceeded to charge my account and not respond to any of my phone calls or messages.  Extremely  Unprofessional!!!!  Untrustworthy!!!! Very Poor Customer Relations!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2010 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-home-Improvement-Cabinet-refacing-Long-Island-Office/internet/Sears-home-Improvement-Cabinet-refacing-Long-Island-Office-They-do-not-customize-your-ca-563625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears home Improvement Cabinet refacing Long Island Office

Sears Came Through!!!

AUTHOR: Barbara - (United States of America)

I am happy to report that Sears contacted me today to tell me that they would be canceling my contract since they were not able to do the job!!!  I was also advised that they would be crediting my account!!!  I was pleased that my faith in this company has been restored and all of this could have been avoided if people would have done their job as they should have.  Thank you for letting me vent in my frustration!!!