Complaint Review: Sears home improvement

• Updated: Mon, March 19, 2012

• Reported By: wpoulos — bedford Ohio United States of America
Sears home improvement
3333Beverly road. Internet United States of America

Sears home improvement Sears credit Filed a judement against me for a loan I did not apply for. Hoffman Estsates Illinois, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Go get the file on the judgement...

The only way I found out sears had a judgement against me was when I tried to Pre qualify for a mortgage loan. All of the credit bureaus reported a balance of $23,000.00  When I called the collection firm they hired, I was informed they added another $30,000.00, yes, you are reading the amount correctly, in fines and late payment fees.                                              This was over 7 years ago. No one ever sent me certified mail, no one from ANY clerk of court system served me a summons or notice of intent. No phone calls, No Mail (U.S.P.S. or electronically).
 I had to literally threaten them with Lawyers to get any information out of either Sears or their collection firm. They are always procrastinating when it comes to giving ANY information to me. I intend to file a police report, and find other avenues of fighting them on this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2012 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-home-improvement/internet/Sears-home-improvement-Sears-credit-Filed-a-judement-against-me-for-a-loan-I-did-not-apply-856319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears home improvement

Go get the file on the judgement...

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

Sounds like you were either served with what is known as "sewer service" (for which Sears is well known) or served via some other method. Go to the courthouse and get a complete copy of your case so you have all the information.

You may be able to get the judgement vacated. You will need to research to see how to get that done in your state. Do it right away, there are time limitations from the time you find out you have the judgement. Good luck.