Complaint Review: Sears home services

• Updated: Thu, July 26, 2012

• Reported By: Lia — fort lee New Jersey United States of America
Sears home services
555 north avenue fort lee, New Jersey United States of America

Sears home services searsclean.com Sears Carpet cleaning service complaint - deceiving advertisement fort lee, New Jersey

My carpet was very soil with stains on it. I had some local people doing a good cleaning
job but unfortunately the carpet was left damped the last time so I decided to use a more "professional service" .

I saw the video on Searsclean.com where they show before and after of a heavy soiled carpet. The service was advertised as a special  $169.00  for three rooms which I found reasonable. However I got a confirmation email with a charge of $189.00 which included fuel charge and taxes. To make things worst, I called to confirm the job the day before and they guy on the phone told me it will be $268.00 because this was an apartment building and they need it to bring the portable machine.

At the end they seem not have been able to figure out the real charge and a bill was presented for $255.00
Which I agreed because I thought my carpet with SEars carpet cleaning service will be as cleaned as the one on the video.

Guess what , in less than an  hour and 15 minutes the job was done by the technician from Sears carpet  cleaning services, on the three rooms and  the result was a  wet carpet with no dirt removed whatsoever.
On the other hand the technician from Sears carpet cleaning was jamming some papers   so I would waive my rights to complaint.

DO NOT USE Sears carpet cleaning if you have a dirty carpet. You can get cheaper and much better service with somebody else.
I would never hire Sears cleaning carpet services again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2012 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears-home-services/fort-lee-New-Jersey-07024/Sears-home-services-searscleancom-Sears-Carpet-cleaning-service-complaint-deceiving-adv-917782. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears home services