Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Wed, November 29, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 29, 2006

• Reported By:wenonah New Jersey
Deptford New Jersey Deptford, New Jersey U.S.A.

Sears Charge account deceptive vendors Ripoff Deptford New Jersey

I was notified of an oustanding unpaid balnce on a sears charge account through a credit bureau inquiry. I further investgated and it was determined that the charge was a result of a telemarketing phone call for a auto club membership for Sears. I declined the offer, however the vendor submitted the membership in my name without my authorization, I was never sent a bill, only to discover that Sears did not have my correct address. I tried to contact Sears to have this resolved and was told that the account was transferred to a collection Agency and I would have to deal with the collection agency. I have dealt with 6 collection agencies and still do not have this matter resolved.

This has been going on for 4 years and Sears will not cooperate with me to get this resolved. I will never use or apply for a sears charge card.

wenonah, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2006 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Deptford-New-Jersey/Sears-Charge-account-deceptive-vendors-Ripoff-Deptford-New-Jersey-222846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears