Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Mon, December 17, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: Neil — Flowery Branch Georgia United States of America
Sears
Pearl Nix Parkway Gainesville Georgia Gainesville, Georgia United States of America

Sears Pool table advertised on Dec,12,2012 and again onDec 16,20132 For $ 349.99.I checked both times said they never had it could not get it and was not listed on internet Gainesville , Georgia

The sales paper for Sears listed a pool table # 0061457 on sale for 349.99 On Dec. 10, 2012. I went too the store and was told they did not have them and never had and they could not be gotten but they would show me something else . I told them if it was not the same type and price,  that was a bait and switch. I was told nothing they could do. On Dec. 16 in the Gainesville Times the sale paper again listed the table again. I again went back too the store where it was looked up and they could not get nor did they have. The sales clerk was showed the ad and the same description and number was found for $ 999.98. The paper said All Gameroom On sale. The clerk agreed the advertisement was a lie but there was nothing he could do but try too sell me another one at a much higher price plus shipping because they would not sent it too the store for pickup. Sears is becoming Know for the bait and switch in this area I have the original paper with the sale price and the card with the store price on it. If they won't sell it for that price why each week keep advertising. I retired after 24 years of law enforcement and I realize mistakes happen but if it is not corrected it is illegal.If need I will make copies of proof as investigation takes place. Scanner is not working at this time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Gainesville-Georgia-30501/Sears-Pool-table-advertised-on-Dec122012-and-again-onDec-1620132-For-34999I-checke-983476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears