Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Sat, December 30, 2000
  • Updated: Fri, September 04, 2009

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Sears
Grand Rapids-Muskegon-Holland, Michigan U.S.A.

Sears deceived & lied to me

* : steven sears attorney for company

* : steven sears attorney for company

On 12-16-00, I brought in an ad obtained out of Jet Magazine, for that same week. The ad stated JVC VHS-C Camcord 2.5 LCD. Image stabilization, built in auto light, time base correction. #58930 Sale $179.99 When I told the clerk that I was interested in this particular camera, I was told that there were 4 in stock. At check-out and presentation of the ad, the clerk upon seeing this price, got a supervisor. The supervisor stated that this obviously was a mistake. I stated that another Sears Store (Woodland) was honoring the ad. I asked her to call out to Woodland and verify this, which she did. She then reluctantly completed the purchase with me but magically, the camcorder now was not in stock. I paid for the camcorder at the sale price, and was told that the camera would be in January 17th, 2001(a month and a day after this transaction).

I was assured that if this camcorder came in at an earlier date, I would be notified. I was content....until I talked to another person who had also purchased this same camcorder. She had purchased it at the Grandville Store, the day after(12-17-200) I had made my purchase. She also had used the Jet Magazine Ad toward the purchase, for the amount of $179.99. She did not show the ad until it was time to pay and the camcorder was at the check-out. She walked out of the Grandville Store, with this camcorder, at the sale price advertised in Jet magazine. She gave me a copy of her receipt for future references and verification.

I feel that I was deceived by Sears. I now know that they lied to me about the camcorder not being in stock. They obviously had them in stock. Either that or they lied about contacting me when the camcorder came in on a shipment.

I contacted customer service (800-549-4505)and talked to a Margaret at approx. 8:35am 12-21-00. Margaret heard my dilemma and put me in touch with Tina from Grandville(616-257-5011). Tina is in customer service at the Grandville store. Tina made me a promise that as soon as one came in, I would be contacted. However, I find this hard to believe.

I now have knowledge of other stores in the area that have them in stock and are honoring this ad. Numerous people whom I work with have purchased these camcorders at the said above price at the Holland Store, the Muskegon store and the Woodland store. Each have the camcorder in their possession. I am continually told that there are none in stock at Grandville.

I feel all I have been getting is the run-around. I called customer service in Grandville once again and asked for Tina to call me when she got in. She phoned me 12-22-00 and I asked her about getting me another camcorder from another store. It's now 12-27-00 and I still don't have my camcorder that I paid for. I have been a loyal customer of Sears for decades. I would have wished to continue with this relationship, but I don't like being lied to.

It seems that the Grandville Sears has gone out of their way to make this just as inconvenient as possible. I'm puzzled at their motivation, but they are about to lose a loyal customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Grand-Rapids-Muskegon-Holland-Michigan/Sears-deceived-lied-to-me-4108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

#1

steven sears attorney for company

AUTHOR: uhuru - (USA)

Family held interest in the illinois main office has had a practice of denying refunds to customers in california. this continued until  steven sears attorney general intervened.

#2