Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Tue, January 06, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 06, 2009

• Reported By:Galveston Texas
www.sears.com Hoffman Estates, Illinois U.S.A.

Sears Appliance Repair Overcharge Hoffman Estates Illinois

Edward S. Lampert
Chairman Sears Holdings Corporation
3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179

Mr. Lampert:

On 10 December, Sears serviced our washing machine. After paying $70.86 for a new pump, we were charged another $141.00 (+ $11.63 tax) for labor. This labor took 20 minutes to perform, which means that you are charging us $423 per hour! You sent out a technician; not a lawyer! This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

If you reduce the labor from $141.00 to $41.00, you will still be charging us $123.00 per hour for labor, which should be more than enough! I have already heard the excuse that you don't charge by the hour; I don't care, you charged us $141.00 for 1/3 of an hour's work, so that is $423 per hour!

I have phoned your company several times to complain, and ask for an adjustment of at least $100 on this $223.49 bill, but all I get is attitude from your telephone reps; they say that they can not make adjustments to this bill.

The matter is very simple, at this point; either you reduce this bill to a reasonable amount, or I will no longer do any business with your company, and I will make it my mission in life to tell everyone I know about your outrageous billing practices.

Do you think that customer service like this may be part of the reason that your stock has been down as much as 86% from its high, while Walmart has only been down 26%? All of the hype that I heard about what a great manager you are is obviously a load of crap! It is my fondest hope that SHLD goes bankrupt and that you are ousted as Chairman!

Warmest regards,

(former Sears customer)

Galveston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2009 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-60179/Sears-Appliance-Repair-Overcharge-Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-408648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears