Complaint Review: Sears

• Updated: Thu, May 19, 2011

• Reported By: Bob — Huntsville Alabama United States of America
Sears
University Dr Huntsville, Alabama United States of America

Sears Customer resolution simply lies and thens admits to it-but does nothing Huntsville, Alabama

*UPDATE Employee: Sears Cares

I purchased a 46" riding mower from Sears in Feb. 2011 It lasted all the way until the first of May 2011.Two whole months!

A broken spring was the problem. Preventing it from engaging blades/cutting grass. Ultimately making it useless, unless you want to use it for transportation. After first talking to Alexander at 800-479-6351, I was amazed at his blatant stupidity. He was more concerned with sending a sales person with a tech. His idea? While the tech fixed my mower, the saleman could tell me about vinyl siding, windows, etc.

I ask Alexander if he was sober? No one wants a sales pitch from Sears, when a product just purchased has quit! Next, I talked to Miranda. After telling her about my problem (for approx 14 minutes) she said I needed to be transferrred. Next, I got some action-or so I thought. I talked to a lady named Noal. She was from Africa (she said). It sounded like she had an Irish accent. She looked at my file. She told me she would fix the mower since it was only a couple of months old. If I did not like it for any reason, Sears would replace it.She said they would bring me a brand new one, unload it, load the old one up and be gone. I ask her--For any reason? She affirmed!

At this point I have just had some serious shoulder surgery-my fourth. They sent a tech to my house. he fixed the problem ( I guess). He ask me if I had any vibration problems with the mower? I said yes. He told me the reason I did was, it had a 21 H.P. engine of a 10 H.P. frame. Basically this 46" Craftsman mower was destined to be trouble! I called Noal the next day and told her I would take the second option of trading mowers. I did want the new one. She then said her supervisor would not let her, she claimed she had made some type mistake. The reason I wanted the new mower was to sell it, and buy a decent mower (with nothing to do with Sears). She went on to say that, they did authorise her to offer me a $50.00 gift certificate! I passed!

I told Noal that I took her at her word. She did admit that is precisely what she had said. But her supervisors would not allow it. Bottom line is this: I wouldn't trust Sears in an outhouse with a muzzle on! This Craftsman is junk, Sears representatives tell lies and I am stuck with a Craftsman mower that has a 21 H.P. engine sitting on a frame made for a 10 H.P. mower.

Sears has seen my last business. They did everything I described above. Noal told a bald face lie. She is a rep with Sears. And Sears had the gonads to offer me a $50.00 gift card to their own store. I would never buy anything from Sears ever again-period.

When you deal with your Sears (especially) if you are in Huntsville AL-don't! Get out of the store as fast as possible. Treat as you would the devils home. They are not honorable!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2011 05:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Huntsville-Alabama-/Sears-Customer-resolution-simply-lies-and-thens-admits-to-it-but-does-nothing-Huntsville-729478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

Sears Cares

AUTHOR: Searscares - (U.S.A.)

To Bob,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your post as Ive just read about your situation on this site.  On behalf of Sears I want to apologize for the frustration you have experienced while getting your riding mower repaired.  It certainly sounds as if youve had a very frustrating experience that it still has not been resolved and we would like to assist.
My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns.  At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you dont have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please
provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Bob) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
Laura D.