Complaint Review: Sears

• Updated: Fri, June 27, 2014

• Reported By: Jax_M_R — Florida
Sears
Avenues Mall Jacksonville, Florida USA

Sears Customer service rep/Service Technician No Tire Balancing, Then No Installation Jacksonville Florida

I ordered two tires from Sears online for store pickup and installation at the Avenues Mall in Jax.  On the day of installation I called to verify, the CS rep/technician told me I did not pay for mounting and that would be an additional charge of $15.50 per tire.  Told him I did not select mounting, balancing or road hazard protection at checkout because I did not need these services.  The only options selected were "Rubber Valve Stem” and "I would like my tires installed by Sears" which were an additional $6.00.  All I needed was to have the tires to installed on two rims and I only selected the "I would like my tires installed by Sears” and "Rubber Valve Stem" options and again all the other options weren't needed. Explained clearly that I had two rims on which I wanted the tires installed (tires were for another car). [continued below]....

..... I would take the tires home, mount them and have balancing and alignment done after.

After about five minutes of back and forth I realized I was getting nowhere, so I reordered the tires and took screen shots of every page and step then went over to the store. Showed him there was no additional charge for installation.  It was then I realized what his gripe was over, I had selected the option “I would like my tires installed by Sears" and then selected “No, I do not want my tires balanced”, which was the additional $15.50 he wanted to charge as there were no other charges.  Sears needs to kill the commission sales model and pay these guys a salary as these guys will not work unless it benefits their pockets.  In reality there was no commission for him on the entire job.  I bought the tires online (he did not assist) and now he would not put them on my rims unless I got wheel balancing. Really now?  Anyway I ended up cancelling the order and went to another major retailer where I bought two tires (online) and they gladly put them on the rims.  NEVER again, I’ve always bought my tires at Sears, loved it when they had the rebates via debit cards, but this guy just totally killed it. Like I said, NEVER AGAIN.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2014 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Jacksonville-Florida/Sears-Customer-service-repService-Technician-No-Tire-Balancing-Then-No-Installation-Jac-1158082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears