Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Fri, July 25, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 04, 2008

• Reported By:Delran New Jersey
Sears
National Highway Pennsauken, New Jersey U.S.A.

Sears major problem with maintenance agreement for central air conditioner Pennsauken New Jersey

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You might try contacting a state agency.....

*Author of original report: Sears not honoring maintenance agreement

*Author of original report: Sears not honoring maintenance agreement

*Consumer Comment: Sears bought K-Mart a good while back, and now Sears (or you?) must pay for their purchase

*Author of original report: Sears

*Consumer Comment: Standard wait time.

we have a maintenance agreement on our central air conditioner with Sears. It stopped working just before a dangerous heat wave. My husband and I are in our 70's and I had just gotten out of the hospital with pneumonia. We felt that getting our air conditioner repaired was an emergency situation that should have been taken care of in 1 or 2 days. It was 11 days before they fixed it with temperatures in the mid 90's every day. We even offered to pay the difference between what it would cost them to repair our air conditioner and to purchase a new unit and they refused. We are going to cancel our maintenance agreement with Sears and also are cancelling our Sears credit cards. We are done with Sears. They care nothing about their customers. We could have died with the heat and they would not care.

Joyce
Delran, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2008 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Pennsauken-New-Jersey-08109/Sears-major-problem-with-maintenance-agreement-for-central-air-conditioner-Pennsauken-New-355781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You might try contacting a state agency.....

AUTHOR: Former Sears Sales Rep - (U.S.A.)

Sears doesn't stop with just ripping off its customers. Sears rips off their employees just as well. I can attest to that first hand and have already filed a claim against Sears with the Dept of Labor which resulted in an Administrative Order of Determination in my favor ordering Sears to pay me over $12,000 in earned wages. Of course, Sears and their attorneys have filed an appeal.

Create a paper trail of your requests, send a certified letter to Sears. Click on or copy the link below and paste it into the address bar for the BBB on Sears and you will find the necessary contact information.

Make it clear that you are not satisfied and that the product and installation is NOT to your SATISFACTION. Whatever source of payment you used, credit card, check, etc... contact that entity and request that they withhold and/or retract any funds debited from your account by Sears. Make it clear there is a dispute. Not sure if the bank has the ability, but you may be able to dispute it and it is possible to retract the funds. Possible, not definite. I don't know enough about your situation, but it is worth a try. I bet you'll get their attention if you do recover you money and I hope you do!!!

Cathy - Report #342824

Sears not honoring maintenance agreement

AUTHOR: Joyce - (U.S.A.)

It is now 21 days and we are still waiting for our air conditioner to be repaired. They are supposed to come tomorrow. We have made numerous calls and some of the Sears employees have been extremely rude and some have even hung up on us. If we had known from the beginning that they were going to take all summer for repairs, we would have cancelled our maintenance agreement and gone to another company. We are going to cancel our maintenance agreement and our Sears credit cards if they ever repair our air conditioner. I worked for Sears for several years, but now, don't want any part of them. Also own a lot of Sears Holdings stock, but I will also get rid of them. I will be done with Sears and KMart, since they own Sears.

Sears not honoring maintenance agreement

AUTHOR: Joyce - (U.S.A.)

They said our air conditioner was fixed,but it was not. It has now been 17 days of temperatures in the nineties and w stilldo not have air conditioning and no date for repairs. They keep jerking us around. They are rude and arrogant when we call them to helop us. They are probably laughing their butts off.

AUTHOR: Friendly Help - (U.S.A.)

Nobody in the business world outside of Sears [& their hired guns] could understand WHY Sears bought K-Mart. Supposedly Sears was going to achieve a ''synergistic marking advantage'' by also selling Sears merchandise at the K-Mart locations, but so far all Sears has done is put a sprinkling of Craftsman-branded goods in the K-Mart stores. And when those Craftsman-branded goods are ''on sale'' the prices at Sears are sometimes a little lower than are the prices at K-Mart.

So why not ask your insurance agent, or someone (else) you trust, for A/C servicer recommendations. I suspect Sears jobs many of their service contracts out to the low bidder.

I ditched our Sears charge card a Looonnnnggggg time ago because Sears charge cards are really bad for your credit rating.

AUTHOR: Friendly Help - (U.S.A.)

Sears

AUTHOR: Joyce - (U.S.A.)

When they apparently repaired the air conditioner,the heat wave had broken. When we turned it on 2days later, it did not work. Since this was Saturday and they do not have emergency repair service, wehave to wait 2 days for service with the temperatures going into the 90's again. We are so angry with Sears!

Standard wait time.

AUTHOR: Andromeda - (U.S.A.)

In my part of the country, this is about the standard wait time during a very hot spell.

People, sometimes even including myself, will say about anything to get them to come.(not speaking of you) I realize your humidity is higher than our 18% though. Very uncomfortable!

Usually the service company is all backed up before my system decides to go down.