Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Mon, August 11, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2014

• Reported By: Canative — Vista California
96o Sherman Street San Diego, California USA

Sears Sold ne the same refrigerator twice and kept the money San Diego California

I ordered a refrigerator on August 1 with a delivery date of the 2nd. I get a call on the 2nd saying it will be delayed until the 5th because of a bad water hose. On the 5th nothing showed up, so I called the delivery company and they said the oder had been canceled and I would have to call the store to see why. They gave me a number that had been disconnected. A call to the San Diego store and they had no record of any purchases by me. Apparently their stores are not connect to a common database. All I had was a store number 9405 on the reciept and they did not know what store that was. Well I called the Oceanside store and they were able to get me in touch with the Carmel Mountain store where I had bought it online. They put me on hold for 30 minutes before they actually located the refrigerator. So then I find out that they can't deliver it until the 9th because the delivery guys have 3 days off. Well the 9th arrives and late in the after noon the truck shows up. As they guy is getting ready to unload it he looks at it and says you know the water line is broken? In other words nothing had been done in 9 days to the refrigerator. So I sent it back. Now here is where the real problems start. One the refrigerator should have never been for sale because they don't replace water lines in the outlet store. Two I should have been informed of this on the 2nd. So I was told to call the main help line to get the order canceled. The lady was very helpful and told me the order was canceled and would I like her to help me find another one like the one I sent back. I was impressed and said sure why not. Well she located on and it was a little more expensive but since prices keep going up in these stores I decided to get it. She said I would get a lot of emails about the order and the cancellation of the first one. OK first email, the refrigerator is not in stock. So I call up the help line again to make sure the order didn't go though. I was assured it hadn't. Yeah right. When I tried to order another one, my credit card was refused. Why you ask? Well it seams even though it hadn't gone through they put a preauthorization hold on my account at the Credit Union. So another call to the help desk where I find out they cannot do anything for 48 hours. Now I find out why it wasn't in stock. It wasn't in stock because it was the same refigerator I had originally bought that had for some reason showed up back in the inverntory and I had sent back. So it was sitting there waiting for someone else to get screwed. Now even it I actually wanted to buy one from them I can't because they have my bank account on hold and haven't returned the money from the first purchase of the same refrigerator. Oh yeah this last call was when I found out the nice Lady that helped me buy another bargain refrigerator actually hadn't canceled the first purchase because the phone was buzy at the store that sold it to me. Now I am retired from over 40 years in the IT industry dealing with large scale mainframes and if anyone on my staff told me a story like this heads would roll. This is stone age computing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2014 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/San-Diego-California/Sears-Sold-ne-the-same-refrigerator-twice-and-kept-the-money-San-Diego-California-1169078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears