Complaint Review: Sears

• Updated: Thu, April 12, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Tupelo, Mississippi U.S.A.

Sears Bad Customer service / Warranty a Joke ..no straight answer

What has happened to Sears? I payed cash for a refridgerator that had to be ordered. I was told that it would be delivered the following Tuesday. When it didnt show up I called.I was told it was on backorder and would come in three weeks. I had already waited 2 weeks and was very upset that NO ONE had even bothered to call and let me know. I was told I could wait or get my money back!I had to get someone to drive me from where I live to the Tupelo store to get my money back(Im handicapped so I cant drive).

I bought a fridge somewhere else and they delivered it that day. Then to top it all off--The satellite dish I bought 3 months ago quits working and when I call about that I have to wait (9)NINE days for someone to show up to fix it--USING the #3 year warrenty I was stupid enough to buy.The guy shows up today{A SEARS EMPLOYEE=NOT A DISH EMPLOYEE> says he has never worked on one of these before,asked my husband if he thinks its the cable and proceeds to order one. Says it will be about a week before that comes in the mail and after it comes I will have to start all over again with setting an another appt.

As close as I can figure I will be AT Least another 3 weeks without satellite and can only hope that it gets fixed then.The man said he didnt know if that was what was wrong but if that didnt work I would just have to mail the whole thing in.

I called the store and the manager would not even come to the phone.I was told by a sales clerk that there was nothing we could do but wait for the warrenty people to fix it!

I use to think SEARS was the only place I would buy things because there warrenty was so good. BUT that it certainly not NOT the case anymore!It is now nothing but a joke used at their convience with rude service people who are always giving the problem off to being another dept. fault. No one will give a straight answer to how to fix this problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/Tupelo-Mississippi/Sears-Bad-Customer-service-Warranty-a-Joke-no-straight-answer-4905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears