Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Wed, March 14, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, March 14, 2012

• Reported By: nelliekellie — King City California United States of America

Sears Craftsman Lawn Mower by Craftsman Model #917-374106 Internet, Internet

Well, I purchased a lawn mower last May. It is under warranty until May of 2013. 2nd use it would not start. They said oh i was using old gas. NOT. But I empty go get new gas, won't start. Sears has been here twice at $99.00 a pop. the carburater is no good because of old gas. The first guy made an adjustment and it fired right up. All he did. So now same problem. Luis came yesterday, still the carburater. It is my fault because of old gas so he says. The gas has been changed at least 5 times or more. He said because I didn't use the gas within 30 days. I said, well it was only 2 weeks old when I called repair, and it takes you 2 weeks to show up so now it is 30 days old. He says I ruined the carburator. I was going to get a Sears rototiller. Not anymore. I have to purchase a new carburator and put it in myself. Such BS!!! 2 start pull or key guarantee. Not!!! I am more than a bit mad! And out a lot of extra money!

I have a lawn mower that doesn't work. Craftsman rotary Lawn Mower: Model No. 917.374106.

If you type Sears complaints in Google or any other search engine you will see that there are thousands and maybe a lot more complaints about Sears products and services.

I want my lawn mower fixed to like it was when I purchased it.  That is only fair.  The Owner's Manual is very vague about a lot of things.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2012 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/internet/Sears-Craftsman-Lawn-Mower-by-Craftsman-Model-917-374106-Internet-Internet-853974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears