Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Sat, November 27, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, November 27, 2010

• Reported By: Not a fan of sears — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Sears

Sears Kmart Sears/Kmart Online Pricing False - won't honor their advertised pricing Internet

Online pricing for Sears and Kmart is totally inaccurate and they will not honor their advertised prices!  Spent over an hour shopping online this morning at sears.com which also is kmart, after adding several items to my cart, go to check out and many of the prices had been changed to considerably higher prices that what is being advertised on their site.  I contacted Sears through online chat, that rep told me to call to place my order to get the advertised pricing.  So, I call...that rep tells me that whatever price shows up in my cart upon checkout is the correct price.  I tell her that the prices on some items arebeing advertised less, she instructs me to clea out my internet cookies (?!?!).  I finsih that call as she obviously makes no sense, call back and soeak to rep #3 who tells me a yet a completely different story...that some online pricing must be leftover from their black friday sale and they can't possibly change all the pricing back so quickly since so many items were on sale.  I told her I didn't know that these were special sale prices that were only valid yesterday and they certainly should have taken down access to tehir site if teh prices wer eincorrect as in my opinion this is a major case of false advertising.  She then tells me I could go ahead and place my order and pay the higher price not teh advertised price, then ask for teh sale price top be reviewed by a manager, but nheguarantee they would honor their advertised price.  They have lost all future business from me. I understand errors occur...but this is a big one, and false advterising and they should have offered a fair resolution other than just telling me I was out of luck or to take my chances on getting their true advertised price.  I have never heard such a thing!.  Aside form that, in speaking to 3 different customer service reps about thsi issue, they each told me an entirely different thing.  Far too many other reliable company's out there vying for the consumers business in these tough times...I just wish I hadn't of spent so much time online shopping at their site today only to be duped...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2010 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/internet/Sears-Kmart-SearsKmart-Online-Pricing-False-wont-honor-their-advertised-pricing-Intern-665821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears