Complaint Review: Sears

• Reported By: Rick A. — Beaverdam Virginia
Sears
Internet USA

Sears On Line Ordering Internet

I called Sears to get parts for my gas grill.  The call center agent was very helpful in looking up the model number of the grill and the replacement parts that I needed.  He asked for a credit card number (which I did give) and then told me the price of the parts.  What he did not tell me was that he hit the enter key before he gave me the cost of the replacement parts ($208.00).  I told him that I can by a new grill for just a little more that the cost of the parts and did not want the parts.  I then found out that there is no way to cancel an order after it is entered into the system.

I asked to be transfered to a supervisior and which he did.  The supervisior told me the same thing - once the order was entered, it can't be canceled.  She did issue me a return authorization but the cost of the parts is on my credit card and will not be removed until after the parts are returned and the credit has been processed.  Since it takes about 7 to 10 days to get the parts to me and several days to return them to Sears, the charge will be on my monthly bill before the credit is applied.

Please make sure that you know the cost of anything bought through the call center before you give them any credid card information.

I personally will never buy anything from Sears again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/internet/Sears-On-Line-Ordering-Internet-1047707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears