Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Thu, April 17, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, April 17, 2014

• Reported By: Okinawan Ace — Honolulu Hawaii
Internet USA

Sears Refuses to Answer Questions about my warranty deadline until deadline is past. Phone warranty extension salesman stated deadline for existing warranty was February 27. This was Internet

a lie.  When I asked Lampert (CEO) and Anna of Sears Social Media Support what the real deadline for my current warranty was, I was ignored both times.  Today, on April 16, 2014, I finally found out from Eric at the PABA Protection Agreement Benefits Administration section (that Anna conveniently never told me about, simply closing my case) that the actual deadline for the warranty for the DVD/VHS combo Sansui VRDVD4005 was March 8, 2014.

If I had only known that, I would have opted in that one week of opportunity for a replacement combo of equal value without trying to get a refund for the warranty.  But now that Sears has been caught in a lie, (Deliberately witholding information asked for is lying by ommission.) I want my refund going back to when I first purchased the combo because the salesman did not tell me that I had to lug it all the way twenty miles away from where I live.  (I don't drive.)   Note:  I have tape recordings and hard copy files of every bit of communication going back and forth on this case.  I even have a recording of the Sears computer telling me that it doesn't recognize the name "Anna" when I call the specific number and extension she emailed me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2014 12:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/internet/Sears-Refuses-to-Answer-Questions-about-my-warranty-deadline-until-deadline-is-past-Phon-1139529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears