Complaint Review: Sears

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: Alan J. — Long Beach California
Sears
Long Beach, CA long Beach, California USA

Sears Dear Central Air and Heating Installation Not Worth the Price Long Beach California

In 2009 we used Sears to install a brand new central air and heating unit in our home.  We had received quaotes from four other contractors, who were all at least $3,000 less that the quote we received from Sears, but we believed that my having Sears do it, they would back up their units.

Last week we has a transformer blow out on our unit and I called Sears to tell me where the transformer was located to I could swithch it out myself.

They stated that, "since I didn't have any on going maintainance plan with them, $500 per year, they would not answer my question."  They were only interested in getting move money out of us.

In addition, when you contract with Sears, it is not actually Sears who does the installation.  They use local contractors themselves and then pocket the extra $3,000 for doing nothing.  I wish I had learned this prior to signing the contract.

I have has a repairman out a couple of time for small items on the unti and Long Beach Heating and Air did a great job and did not hit me with any big money suprises when they fixed the unit.  I highly recommend them, they were one of the companies I took an estimate from adn they were $4,000 cheaper then Sears.

I will never use Sears again for anything, If they want free money up fron, the least they could do is answer a simple question.

Shame on you Sear and you have lost a customer for life.  It doesn't seem to be where Amereca should shpp any longer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/long-Beach-California-90815/Sears-Dear-Central-Air-and-Heating-Installation-Not-Worth-the-Price-Long-Beach-California-1067091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears