Complaint Review: Sears

• Reported By: essmom — Oakland California
Sears
Nationwide USA

Sears Dishwasher Purchase Overcharges Oakland Nationwide

I purchased a top-of-the-line dishwasher from Sears on their website, along with their "installation" package of $149.99.  Originally, I had seen an installation sale was running; but when I went to purchase, this offer had "disappeared."  I paid full price but thankfully when I complained by phone, they credited me the difference of $70.  This is something consumers must watch for when comparison shopping.

This dishwasher was delivered and installed.  When the installers arrived, they asked if I had an "installation kit."  I said this was the first I had heard of this.  This was definitely NOT mentioned or suggested during the website purchase I made.  They said they could sell this to me for an extra $70.  I immediately called Sears, wanting to verify this was correct and to ask why I wasn't informed.  They verified this information was missing from the website and said they would pass this on, one would assume to be corrected in future, hopefully.  I am not so hopeful as this is not a John-come-lately company.

I think this is their way of upselling and charging customers as much as they can get away with.  I ended up paying $50 for the installation kit as I didn't need an electric plug, only a HOSE or something.  Had I known what was needed, I am sure it would have cost less than $5 at a hardware store.....

And, no, Sears, I WON'T be recommending you to my friends.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2014 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/nationwide/Sears-Dishwasher-Purchase-Overcharges-Oakland-Nationwide-1160805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears