Complaint Review: Sears

• Reported By:Highlands Texas
Sears
sears.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Sears Online Switch and Hold Nationwide

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Business days?

*Consumer Comment: If I am reading your post correctly

*Author of original report: No not impatient

*Consumer Comment: Impatient?

On June 15th I placed an order with Sears online for a king sized red cotton blanket and a red fleece throw paying immediately with PayPal. My order arrived on June 21st and imagine my surprise when my red blanket was a Navy blue floral print bedspread and my red throw was sage green. So much for quality control in shipping!

I placed a call to the posted customer service number and reported the wrong items were shipped only to be told the throw is no longer available in red and I would have to PAY for having the correct red blanket shipped while they took their time processing the returned items. They would then refund the original order amount within 7 -10 business days. Additionally, they promised to have someone from shipping contact me about why they would ever ship the products that were obviosly NOT WHAT WAS ORDERED.

Today is June 1st and I just got off the phone with NON CUSTOMER SERVICE who states they have received my return 10 days after UPS picked it up and I still have no refund on my paypal account.

Surprise Suprise I also have not received a call from anyone, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told the supervisor department was closed.

What a total ripoff! Sears is willing to lose a long time customer over a stupid shipping error and by holding a cash refund more than any 7-10 days

Jequita
Highlands, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2009 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/nationwide/Sears-Online-Switch-and-Hold-Nationwide-457530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Business days?

AUTHOR: The Consumerist - (U.S.A.)

Business days typically are Monday through Friday, banks are closed on weekends therefore it cannot be processed on a weekend.

If I am reading your post correctly

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

They said 7-10 days after recieving your return, correct?

You said you called them on June 1st, is that the day they said they recieved it?

If so then it should come this week.

Have you called them back again today or yesterday to see what is happening?

have you opened a dispute with paypal?

No not impatient

AUTHOR: Jequita - (U.S.A.)

Without fully reading my complaint you assumed I was impatient when in fact they shipped the wrong products altogether - that is my primary issue. Additionally, today is June 10th and I STILL HAVE NO REFUND!

Impatient?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You realize they told you it would be 7-10 business days to process your refund, which really is not that unreasonable in the shipping world.

It has only been 6 business days when you posted this with TODAY being the 7th.

You need to learn some patience. Yes they messed up your order, but they are fixing it.