Complaint Review: Sears

• Reported By: Anonymous — Sandy Springs Georgia
Sears
Nationwide USA

Sears SEARS CHANGES PRICE AT CHECKOUT Sandy Springs Georgia

*Author of original report: How many times are you going to respond the same but not contact me?

*Author of original report: Are you going to fix this?

*Author of original report: please contact me I have sent you all my information

*UPDATE Employee: SearsCares

Well I do not know what to say.  I have been a customer of Sears for years and after my experience this week I think we will be looking elsewhere for future purchases of appliances.

My husband and I went into the store on Saturday but it was hard shopping for appliances with 2 children so after speaking to a guy there he suggested we get online and find what we liked.  He said he could honor any price we could find online.  So we did just this.

We went home Saturday night and I searched online for a refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher.  I found three products that would meet our needs but by this point the store was closed and my husband was asleep.  So the next morning I showed my husband the prices and he contacted the guy at Sears.  My husband left his number but after a few hours we did not recieve a phone call back, so my husband called again.  This time he was put on hold for a significant amount of time and no one came to the phone.

So we decided we would just purchase the things online.  We were trying to go through the guy we had started with but since we were unable to get in touch with him we thought we would just go ahead and purchase the item online.  I went to my cart and clicked proceed to purchase.  When I did this the prices of all the items in my cart changed totalling $1000 more!

I called Sears 1800 number and they told me that they could not honor the price.  I chatted with someone online who told us they would not honor the price and my husband has continued to call the guy at the Sears near us but we have not gotten a call back.

I know this may not be a typical ripoff but I definately feel ripped off!  We were looking at purchasing a Kenmore Elite refrigerator for $1538.99 and the price all the sudden was now $2436.90!  The other two items also went up in price, the microwave went from $359.99 to $449.99 and the dishwasher went from $359.99 to $399.99.

We had also had a code for an extra 10% off so we were just so surprised when we went to checkout that the price went up rather than down.  If Sears had just fixed this problem when I contacted them online, through their 1800 number, or the guy in our area then I wouldn't be writing this.  They did offer to take 5% off the current prices but this is still a difference over $700!

Buyer Beware! Don't waste your time shopping at Sears Online, go somewhere else!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/nationwide/Sears-SEARS-CHANGES-PRICE-AT-CHECKOUT-Sandy-Springs-Georgia-1140795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears

How many times are you going to respond the same but not contact me?

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

How many times are you going to respond the same way but not contact me back?

Are you going to fix this?

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I have sent you my contact information.  Please call me.  We are working on purchasing our appliances today.  It has been two days and I have heard nothing.  If you can fix this situation, great!  I would love to give positive feedback rather than negative.  But if you are not going to contact me back then we will just go ahead and purchase through someone else!

please contact me I have sent you all my information

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I have sent you my contact information please contact me so we can rectify the situation tonight we need to purchase these items and if we can fix this for you guys and that would be awesome and if not I will be purchasing to another company this is the last chance I'm giving you. We went back into the store with a guy that said he could match the price and he did not. I am just about to be done with Sears all together so please contact me with the information I emailed you twice.

SearsCares

AUTHOR: Sears Cares - ()

Hello Anonymous,

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us about your online order. We’d like to have one of our dedicated case managers speak with you, and assist you in any way we can to get this matter resolved. At your convenience please contact our office at smadvisor@searshc.com so that we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with your contact #, screen name (Anonymous4222014), and the phone # used at time of purchase. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences faced, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Edwin C.