Complaint Review: Sears

• Updated: Fri, October 18, 2013

• Reported By: kewlmom — Toledo Ohio
toeldo, Ohio USA

Sears Repair rip off toledo Ohio

Purchased a push lawnmower with electric start etc for $400 in June 2013.   Ran fine for a few months and then started smoking badly.  I immediately shut it down and took it to Sears on 10/14/13.  I was told over the phone originally that the issue would be disagnosed at the store and if it could not be fixed it would be sent to Detroit for repairs.  At the actual store i was told that my information was incorrect and that my mower would be sent to Detroit for diagnosis and it would take 2 - 3 weeks. After spending nearly an hour trying to drop it off - there were only one other customer and he was being waited on - i finally completed the transaction.

I was told that I would be contacted with the problem.    I was called on 10/17/13 and told that there was an issue with oil and that my cost would be $105 and that it was not covered under the warranty but a rather rude female.   Upon reviewing my repair slip that evening i noticed that I would be charged $40 regardless.   I decided to go ahead with the repairs.  When i called the 888 number for the repair center i was told that I had already declined the repair.

I stated that I was well aware of that but in realizing that I would be charged regardless I would like to find out what the total out the door cost would be for the repair.   Now, i am told that the repair cost is $115 and that if i decline it would be $45.  Interesting that the price increased for no reason on both ends.  I told the girl to forget it and get my mower back asap as i am sure i can get the simple repair done for a much more reasonable price.   I will not longer shop at Sears or any of their other holding - such as Kmart - no will any of my family members.   Congrats for losing our business for $40...............or is it $45.  Guess it depends on who you talk to there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 05:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sears/toeldo-Ohio-43614/Sears-Repair-rip-off-toledo-Ohio-1092796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears