Complaint Review: Sears.com

• Submitted: Mon, May 30, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By: mrbeard — Lowell Arkansas United States of America
Sears.com

Sears.com Hester Electronics and Entertainment Sears did not honor purchase. Internet

*Author of original report: Account credited promptly

I ordered a TV in ''good faith" from mysears.com.  Sears did not reveal that I was ordering from a third party.  I spoke to one of their web assistants online on 5/24/11, that person told me that my order was to be shipped out the following day.  On 5/27 I received an e-mail stating that the product was no longer available and that my account HAD been promptly credited.  The problem that I have is that when I ordered the TV, they immediately debited my checking account.  But I still have not received a refund.  When I went back online to ask why the order was cancelled, I was disconnected.  I then called on the phone and was disconnected twice more.  When I was able to finally talk to someone they were rude and finally then offered me 10% off of a $20 garden hose for my inconvience.  I think if Sears, a retail icon, is going to try to sell products from just anyone like a trashy online auction site that they should honor what they are selling and take a loss if necessary.  So thanks Sears for the 10% off a garden hose but NO THANKS!  I now have no TV, I also spent $300 on an entertainment center to house my imaginary TV that has also been debited from my account,  and I don't have the money to buy another TV now from a reputable company.  I have seen many other complaints on various websites regarding others having the same issue with Sears and being treated the same way.  I don't understand how they can get away with this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2011 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Searscom/internet/Searscom-Hester-Electronics-and-Entertainment-Sears-did-not-honor-purchase-Internet-734800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears.com

Account credited promptly

AUTHOR: mrbeard - (United States of America)

I would like to report that after many emails and phone calls, my account was credited the on 5/31/11. I placed the order on 5/21, the order was cancelled by Sears on 5/27. I have received another email stating that someone will contact me within 24 hours.  I would like for Sears.com to be clear to the consumer when they order that they are ordering from a third party and NOT Sears.  The exact same complaints against this third party vendor began over a month ago and Sears was still selling products through them.  I did a lot of research about the product before ordering not on Sears(who I thought I was purchasing from).  This has been an extremely frustrating ordeal and taken a lot of my time, energy and money.