rank

• Reported By: Naderite — West Palm Beach Florida
Sears.com
Internet USA

Sears.com Kmart.com and Sears.com fishy ordering system  Internet

*Author of original report: Response to shared similar situation

*Consumer Suggestion: I share your Sentiments

Bought Lipper Bed Tray table from Kmart.com approx. 3 months ago. Falling apart, very flimsy. Ordered thru Kmart.com, but sold as a Sears item and delivered from Sears.  Be very careful if your order involves Sears. They make it difficult to exchange or return items.  Also, you cannot return it to Kmart even though purchased on Kmart.com website. I had purchased other items and also had issues if I needed to exchange or return it.  If it is a Kmart item then its not hard to return or refund at Kmart, but if considered as Sears item, they will refuse it and tell you to go to Sears.  Okay, so I did this.  Sears plays games. At the Boynton Mall the computer system was supposedly down for a Sears com purchase, and they told to come back another day.  They told me all the stores in the mall systems were down. Bogus.  I asked two other stores and their systems were working fine, so I immediately went back to Sears. The system miraculously came back up when I told them that other mall stores systems were working.

For the bed tray table, I unfortunately lost the receipt.  Okay, they had me there, but the purchase order record also mysteriously disappeared, so not only did I buy a defective item, they have no record of the item purchase, and I am out of luck altogether
I will never do business with Sears again.  Couldn't even leave a bad review for the bed tray table on their website.  They are working on my review or something like that.  Not allowed to use punctuation, all the names I chose were already taken, so forth and so on...

Anyway, something strange with Kmart and how these two do business online and how orders are delivered/refunded.  If you buy on Kmart website, it should be treated like a Kmart purchase, but it is not and then you have to deal with Sears.  Total headache and a piece of junk too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2013 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Searscom/internet/Searscom-Kmartcom-and-Searscom-fishy-ordering-systemnbsp-Internet-1054133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears.com

Response to shared similar situation

AUTHOR: Naderite - ()

Only goes to show I am not alone in this situation.  I called Lipper International, the manufacturer, and they were nice enough to replace the bed tray.  Other than that, no help and the old run-around from Sears and Kmart, since it's a double dealing program with these two companies and the way they handle transactions and refunds.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I share your Sentiments

AUTHOR: Honesty hurts - ()

I too have faced the problems that you experienced. Trying to report the problems and issues are like pulling teeth. If you are a Rewards member, you can log in, actually view what you purchased and return the items or threaten them for theft of funds for damaged goods. If you purhased a Kmart Item or Sears, where ever it came from, you should not have an issue returning it unless the purchase was over 3-6 months ago. Receipt or none, does not matter, all on paper anyway even on your banking statement showing the stores. That is valid enough :)

Good luck and stay away from them!!! Bad news, bad business and apologies fix nothing!