Complaint Review: Sears.com

• Updated: Sat, October 06, 2012

• Reported By: M — Oregon United States of America
Sears.com

Sears.com Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire www.sears.com, Internet

The customer service people lie. I placed an order (over $700 appliance) online at Sears.com. The very next day, I discovered my current appliance wasn't really broken - so I immediately called the number on the website and cancelled the order. I was assured my credit card would be credited the amount immediately. Two weeks later, the charge still had not been credited on my account. I called again. The customer service person said it would be credited to my credit card immediately -
even said to me, after clicking on their keyboard, "there, it's all taken care of." Two more weeks later, I checked my credit card account - no credit had been made as the two customer service people had told me. They took my money, earned interest in their bank account, and I then had to pay interest charges on my credit card because they lied to me about reversing the charges. I called Sears.com a third time - and was told I would have to drive to the local Sears store and ask them for a
refund. I drove down to the store, and it took the poor manager 30 minutes and numerous phone calls to Sears.com before he could credit my credit card. And to add insult to injury, Sears.com had ignored the cancellation of the order, shipped the appliance to the local Sears store, and the poor manager now has to figure out how to sell it. The Sears.com people refuse to take the appliance back, even though the order was cancelled weeks before it was shipped. One more thing - the
Sears.com company takes a cut of the local store profits if you order online. I recommend you figure out what you want online, print it out, then go to your local store and place the order there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2012 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Searscom/internet/Searscom-Liar-Liar-Pants-on-Fire-wwwsearscom-Internet-951842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears.com