Complaint Review: Sears.com

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By: Reid — Fertile Minnesota United States of America
Sears.com

Sears.com Sears.com cancelled my order for reason of "out of stock" when item was still selling available online. Internet

I ordered two tool items from Sears.com for their holiday promotion on Nov 24. The Promotion: "Tools Holiday Special! Get this Sold by Sears item at a hot price". This Promotion was advertised as well: "FREE Standard Shipping on orders of $49 or more! Applies to items Sold by Sears AND Kmart."  The items were discounted as was advertised. Two weeks later after having no update, I emailed Sears.com customer service and was told the items were out of stock and not available. Sears.com said they would cancel my order. I went to Sears.com and was able to select both items into my shopping cart. They were now at the regular price.  I went to a local Sears store and both items were stocked at the regular price. When I received my Sears credit card statement in December I was charged for both items that I had not received. I called Sears credit card customer service and was told I would need to contact Sears.com. On several occasions I checked on both items and they were still available.  I believe the advertising scam and what Sears.com did was when they reached a certail number of sales at the special price they randomly decided to cancel subsequent orders even though they had the items in stock and available. I am still trying to receive a credit on these items.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Searscom/internet/Searscom-Searscom-cancelled-my-order-for-reason-of-out-of-stock-when-item-was-still-s-994677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sears.com